Adding an editor to the Utilities Menu

PJH

I've come across a problem when adding an editor to the Utilities menu which I've never seen before.

I've successfully added Audition 2019 to the menu but unfortunately Audition 2019 does not have a few things in it that I loved about Audition 1.5. I know that Audition 1.5 is quite old and is also only 32 bit but there are some things that I like about it.

I've tried to add Audition 1.5 to the menu but when I click on the link I get a message that says Cannot Create Process.

Its a long shot but has anyone else had this problem?

Thanks.

Edited by PJH

5 hours ago, PJH said:

I've tried to add Audition 1.5 to the menu but when I click on the link I get a message that says Cannot Create Process.

This error is usually the result of the tool (Audition in this case) being set up to run as administrator but the DAW is not. Windows does not allow this. Both programs must run with the same permissions.

It does not matter that the program is 32bit.

19 minutes ago, scook said:

This error is usually the result of the tool (Audition in this case) being set up to run as administrator but the DAW is not. Windows does not allow this. Both programs must run with the same permissions.

It does not matter that the program is 32bit.

Thanks for the help. Sorted!

Cheers.

• 7 months later...

AFAIK, recent versions of Audacity do not accept a wave file on the command line.

That said, ANY program that accepts a wave file as a command line argument may be used as an audio editor in CbB.

ANY program or document that windows knows how to launch may be added to the menu too but only those that accept a wave file on their command line may be used interactively with CbB as a wave editor.