Well I'm glad that's over

Bristol_Jonesey

I had an operation on my scrotum today to removed a rather large (500ml 😲) testicular hydroecele - a sac full of fluid that wasn't being absorbed back into my body.

Coming round afterwards was wonderful - don't know what drugs I was on but felt all sort of warm & woolly without a care in the world.

Just a shame that because it was deemed non life threatening by the NHS, I had to go private. Not a cheap procedure by any means

Still, back home now and starting to feel hungry 🍕🍕🍕🍕🍕🍕🍕🍕🍕

• Like 1

That's one of the things I like about this forum, we can be so frank and it's mostly guys so no one minds. I'm glad you made it out ok  and all is well. Thanks for letting us know.

I had some serious stuff going on not long ago and thankfully all now seems well. I'm no worse for wear as a result. Unfortunately a few of my friends recently had  some bad news. I consider myself one of the lucky ones, though I'll admit being brought into the operating room and looking at the robot that was going to open me up was scary. It looked like some kind of an insect with like 3 small arms on each side of it. The doc sits at a monitor and never touches you. He works those pinchers remotely looking at a camera.  They put you on the table inclined so all of your insides go toward your head.This is actually beneficial because the holes they need to make are smaller. They cut something out and sewed something back where something else was and now I'm repaired. I pee really well now lol. If my house ever catches fire I think I could put it out.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Bristol_Jonesey said:

it was deemed non life threatening by the NHS

Really? I mean, okay, may not have been "life threatening," but it would have certainly affected your quality of life.

Got my own thoughts about our "wonderful" NHS, but I'll keep them to myself. All to do with my missus, not me. Taking them ages to diagnose what is going on... Anyway, not for here.

Never great going "under the knife." So it's good to hear that you are on that road to recovery Jonesey 👍

And back home too... Always a bonus. I had six weeks of hospital food... I lost nearly two stone haha!

cheers

andy

2 minutes ago, synkrotron said:

Really? I mean, okay, may not have been "life threatening," but it would have certainly affected your quality of life.

Got my own thoughts about our "wonderful" NHS, but I'll keep them to myself. All to do with my missus, not me. Taking them ages to diagnose what is going on... Anyway, not for here.

Never great going "under the knife." So it's good to hear that you are on that road to recovery Jonesey 👍

And back home too... Always a bonus. I had six weeks of hospital food... I lost nearly two stone haha!

cheers

andy

Yes Andy, quality of life was well on the wane. I was getting secondary pain directly in the testicle due to the increasing size of the hydrocele and putting pressure on everything it touched. This in turn made it virtually impossible to drive, difficult to sleep, walk, even going for a pee was becoming problematic.

My thoughts at the end of today was simply that the level of care and attention I received from the staff at the Spire was comparable to that expected from the NHS in days gone by.  Sadly this isn't the case anymore and I suspect I know why, but that's for a different thread, not this one.

• Like 1

Whoa.........TMI for my liking (images in my mind that are going to take several beers to unsee - which luckily I have to hand) but glad to hear that there's one less source of ball ache in the world.  

Anyhoo, suggest that you edit your OP to include that you're going to record a song about it so that the rozzers don't close you down. Maybe invite suggestions for the song title......

I'll go first...Great Balls of Fire.

• Haha 1

10 minutes ago, paulo said:

Whoa.........TMI for my liking (images in my mind that are going to take several beers to unsee - which luckily I have to hand) but glad to hear that there's one less source of ball ache in the world.  

Anyhoo, suggest that you edit your OP to include that you're going to record a song about it so that the rozzers don't close you down. Maybe invite suggestions for the song title......

I'll go first...Great Balls of Fire.

My song tile submission is for The  Modern Popular Country Music Genre

"The Ballad of Juan Hung Low "

Badd Kenny for going there ....

Edited by Kenny Wilson