Korg Legacy Syncrosoft issues

My Korg Legacy instruments - M1 & Wavestation orinigally came on CD with a doggle. Korg long ago abandoned the Syncrofoft eLicenser but I cannot run the M1 within Cakewalkwalk as it looks for Synsoacc and Synsopos files - cant find them and hence M1 wont launch. I have removed all references on my system to the files used by the eLicenser - but still Cakewalk wont load the M1. I suspect that either the Config file or the ini file contains some reference to Syncrosoft perhpas picked up from my other drives. Any ideas .. Korg have given up on it. Can I manually edit either of these files?

35 minutes ago, WalterBathwater said:

My Korg Legacy instruments - M1 & Wavestation orinigally came on CD with a doggle. Korg long ago abandoned the Syncrofoft eLicenser but I cannot run the M1 within Cakewalkwalk as it looks for Synsoacc and Synsopos files - cant find them and hence M1 wont launch. I have removed all references on my system to the files used by the eLicenser - but still Cakewalk wont load the M1. I suspect that either the Config file or the ini file contains some reference to Syncrosoft perhpas picked up from my other drives. Any ideas .. Korg have given up on it. Can I manually edit either of these files?

I have both the M1 and the Wavestation from the Korg Legacy collection - please be aware that Korg shut down their original licensing for the Korg Legacy Collection, and they offered free Upgrade Certificates for any products purchased from the old Korg Legacy Collection, and those certificates were their mechanism for transferring the old licenses, to their new Korg Collection 2 licensing.  

I think you should contact Korg support, as I believe at the end of May, that old system was to have shut down - please go to the Korg site online, to verify the shutdown date, and if that is indeed the case, I suggest you contact Korg support with your dilemma, to see if they can still fix you up.

I use both of the products - GREAT sound - all the time, and if you can get the licenses transferred over to their new licensing scheme, you should remain good to go.

Bob Bone