Downloaded BandLab stems get truncated when opened in CakeWalk

Jon Morris

Question

I followed the "download stem" instructions for Integration Between BandLab and Cakewalk ( https://help.cakewalk.com/hc/en-us/articles/360022218453-Integration-between-BandLab-and-Cakewalk- )  and when I opened the stem files in Calkwalk (File/Open), all the tracks were truncated at different bar lengths.  Some tracks were a bit longer than others but at about the 80% mark in the 6 track song, tracks just ended.  Some tracks were midi and others analogue. The song and tracks play normally in BandLab.  The tracks were recorded by 3 different players, remotely so there is a chance that different tracks were recorded at different Sample Rates and Bits in BandLab.   Any ideas about what wold cause this?  Is it a bug?  Thanks!

4 answers to this question

8 minutes ago, msmcleod said:

I had a similar issue with downloading BandLab stems - I contacted the team in Singapore and they sorted it out.

@Marcelo Arte - you can import blx files using File->Import->BandLab Project...  but you need to download the stems first using BandLab Assistant.

Hey, it worked. I had the stems downloaded already but importing this way they show up haha. 

Thanks a lot!