VB3 1.4

I purchased VB3 from GSI in 1974.  I've been very happy with the sound but recently I've been experiencing a problem.  Sometimes I will insert an instance in a new project and I'm unable to get it to sound with my MAUDIO controller.  I am able to see the midi activity in the step sequencer and if I click on the note in the step sequencer it sounds.  I inserted several other VST instruments and everything else seems to work.   If I load an existing project that has an instance of VB3 in it, everything seems to work.  I suspect I have something set wrong somewhere, but I can't find a difference between one that works and one that doesn't.  Any suggestions on where to look?

I would check if the midi channel may have been changed in vb3 first. I had a major malfunction about 2 years ago when a Windows update trashed just vb3 out of all my vstis. I even went as far as contacting the guy that wrote the vb3 code!! I must say that he was more than gracious and worked very hard with me for almost a week back and forth in emails until he finally had to give up. We finally surmised that the update was the culprit.

Sure enough, Windows sent out a patch fix after about 2 weeks. I nervously applied the patch fix and, lo and behold!!!!, vb3 worked like nothing was ever wrong!!!!

Did you possibly receive an update before the strange behavior???

• Like 3