SteenE

Which Cello  

3 members have voted

1. 1. Which Cello sounds more natural

• Cello 1
    • Cello 2
    • Cello 3

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 03/10/2019 at 03:55 PM

I have been struggling a bit trying to find a decent orchestra. Lately I found myself trying yet another new VST I discovered on @Starise's project. I just don't think I can get it to sound like the demo. I'm working on a project that  was thinking should be a test to how well I can do a "classical piece" .

UPDATE: Structure finished and it will probably need some fine tuning. I'm far for satisfied with the sound as I don't think it sounds like a real orchestra, but I think it's closer than I've been before.

Edited by soundregion
New version added

When I mix cello it's usually on the lower strings so I'm probably not the best listener for this. I might try viola instead if the parts are higher. The last take almost sounds like brass to me at the :40 mark. The thing I like about cello are those nice deep harmonics and overtones.

Anyways, good luck! May the best sample win.

22 hours ago, Wookiee said:

I think I prefer Cello 2 @soundregion.

13 minutes ago, garybrun said:

Out of the three I would say two.
Nr three sounds to much like brass.

If you want to send me the midi files for the cello I dont mind sending you a wave file back as I have quite a few expensive samples.

Surprising to me, as I think it sould more like an accordion. Cello 2 is Amadeus. My preference was Cello 1 which was the one from the Kontakt Factory library.

Thanks for the offer. The work is still in very early stages, though

20 hours ago, Starise said:

When I mix cello it's usually on the lower strings so I'm probably not the best listener for this. I might try viola instead if the parts are higher. The last take almost sounds like brass to me at the :40 mark. The thing I like about cello are those nice deep harmonics and overtones.

Anyways, good luck! May the best sample win.

You're right about the violin. The finished will have both the violin and Cello, but it was the cello I was curious about. Cello 3 is Studio strings pro.

21 hours ago, kloon said:

I would try to stack them for a fuller sound, and more reverb!

And bingo we have a winner.  Thanks for the suggestion.

Wow that poll really worked well didn't it ?🤣

Fun!

For me, #1 had too mechanical and fake vibrato.

#2 had better vibrato, but unrealistic, non-legato attack

#3 sounds like a french horn.

Therefore, the answer is . . . none of them. Keep looking!  Check out 8dio Adagietto if you have Kontakt. It's on sale now apprently.  Best of luck!

cheers,

-Tom

• Great Idea 1

1 hour ago, emeraldsoul said:

Fun!

For me, #1 had too mechanical and fake vibrato.

#2 had better vibrato, but unrealistic, non-legato attack

#3 sounds like a french horn.

Therefore, the answer is . . . none of them. Keep looking!  Check out 8dio Adagietto if you have Kontakt. It's on sale now apprently.  Best of luck!

cheers,

-Tom

Another one ?😲
Well it does seem like a reasonable price considering what it cost before.

On 2/19/2019 at 4:12 PM, thegaltieribrothers said:

Number 3 for me.

regards

paul

20 hours ago, SPAK said:

No brainer No2  ...if I had to choose. But I think maybe I agree with Tom ...that said No2 would pass :/ ....

So no help here ....

Steve

This probably shows how much I know about classical musical, as my own favorite was 1. I purchased 8dio Adagietto which also sounded horrible in my ears. I thought I was making progress with what I had, but then I put on some "real" Tchaikowsky and totally lost motivation to continue. Not sure it's possible with VST.

I enjoyed the composition - the melody hooked me - nice job - I think it's impressive.  As far as it sounding realistic - I think it's close (I'm no expert with classical music) - to me it's the melody/melodies that matter - does it make you feel something. Just my two cents😊

• Like 1

On 3/12/2019 at 9:11 PM, Douglas Kirby said:

I enjoyed the composition - the melody hooked me - nice job - I think it's impressive.  As far as it sounding realistic - I think it's close (I'm no expert with classical music) - to me it's the melody/melodies that matter - does it make you feel something. Just my two cents😊

Thanks for the feedback. Melody is very important to me too. Good to know I'm not the only one.  I fiddled a bit more, but I wasn't able to update the track at the top.