User Friendly (or, thoughts while in quarantine)

Lynn Wilson

16 hours ago, Lynn said:

Do you think it's still too wide? 

Not now @Lynn, previously it sounded like you had use a plugin to create extra width so here the guitar sound to the left of the left speaker. it now sits just to the right of the left speaker.  If that makes sense. ;) 

• Thanks 1

On 6/14/2020 at 3:35 AM, Wookiee said:

Not now @Lynn, previously it sounded like you had use a plugin to create extra width so here the guitar sound to the left of the left speaker. it now sits just to the right of the left speaker.  If that makes sense. ;) 

You do have good ears -  I was using Izotope's imager software to widen the stereo field (as I do on most of my songs).  I'll keep this in the back of my mind in the future.  Thanks to your furry ears once again.

• Like 1

22 hours ago, Old Joad said:

I like the lead on the left, I've always loved the sound of your vocal..

Thank you Joad!  Sometimes I put the lead on the right, too ;)  Thanks for the kind words about my vocals.

1 hour ago, Bajan Blue said:

Hi Lynn

Nice Guitar work - agree perhaps a little too panned, but other than that, like this a lot - great job

Nigel

Thanks, Nigel!  I just can't seem to pin that guitar player down, but glad you like the song.  Just keep coming up with your own great songs.

• 2 weeks later...

Dear Lynn Sir,

Great Music track and I am in love with it.... Great blend of guitar & Piano... I wanted to amlify a new song I am listening to... any suggestion how I can... Asking this question as I feel you have great expertize in music... 

• Like 1

Loved this song, Lynn! You have a great rock voice, in the same family with Peter Frampton I think, and this song suits it well. Love the guitar playing wherever it sits in the mix, and the changes are great fun to anticipate. Two thumbs and two toes up!

• Like 1

23 hours ago, anan di said:

Dear Lynn Sir,

Great Music track and I am in love with it.... Great blend of guitar & Piano... I wanted to amlify a new song I am listening to... any suggestion how I can... Asking this question as I feel you have great expertize in music... 

Holy cow! First, thanks for your kind words, and welcome to the forum!  Now, let me say something about this terrific video you've posted.  I've never heard anything quite like this (at least, recently), and it's capable of being one of the freshest sounds going with a little different approach to the mix.  I like almost every part of this song, from the arrangement to the vocals and lyrics.  You have a very nice choice of instruments that are well balanced and played.  Where I get lost is in the chorus (You can be my Sally) because the kick drum(?) builds up in that section and becomes a bit muddled,  It may be due to delay or reverb, but it seemingly throws the timing off a bit, and if it's caused by a delay f/x then it might be synced better.  Anyway, this is pretty good now, but this can be stellar, and I thank you for introducing it!  You should post this on its own so that all can hear your talent and welcome you here.  The song just fits these times so well.

21 hours ago, David Sprouse said:

Most of the pandemic stuff is anemic but this is soulful and thoughtful.  Great tune.

Thanks David!  I appreciate your words and sentiment very much.

6 hours ago, steve@baselines.com said:

Love that guitar.  And the vocal harmonies are really interesting.  Great song.

Wow, I'm glad that worked for you.  It was a lot of fun to do the vocals because I didn't have to "doctor" them up because they were in my range.  I'm gonna have to try that technique again...

2 hours ago, Makke said:

Nice rhythm... I liked melody lines on lead guitar and vocs.

Good rock song with strong ambiance.

Makke, I'm always glad to hear from you!  It sure is fun to play a Strat, isn't it?  Thank you for your time and kind words.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...
On 8/9/2020 at 8:05 PM, David Sprouse said:

You could copyright that scale you use.  I love the tone from the guitar.  Your songs are so unique, yet the same time they are genre-defining. Great stuff.

David, you are too kind!  I'm currently trying to copyright the alphabet, but having unexpected delays.  I'll get around to the scale eventually ;)  The guitar track is my old Strat played through the latest version of S-Gear.  Thanks again.