track position indicator starts and stops automatically for infinity

Maverick Fish Hunter

Question

When I open cakewalk from bandlab, either an old file or new, as soon as the software opens, the track position indicator takes off, runs for about 3-5 seconds stops, then starts again, It will do this forever, I have let it run a 1/2 hour, still going, so fn frustrating, its not looping, everything else seems fine, it was working fine, i did not donate money as i wanted to use the software first, is this a pay me and it will work situation, is there a preset? an existing glitch? the software indicated that it was the latest edition. The software look great, but is it really free? and what is this crazy start and stopping bs, thanks for any help or leads. I have deleted and reinstalled 3 times now. I'm running w10 and an msi laptop.

I could get a video clip of this glitch in action if it would help, hopefully this is something simple and it becomes an aha moment.

5 answers to this question

the transport control, yes, struggling with te name. its the stupidist thing, it was running fine, did some practice tracks analog and midi, opened the file up again next day, the transport controled starts and runs for 3-5 seconds stops, the little indicator or hat that sits on the transport line jupms forward, then it starts again, does it for infinity, wow