Most efficient way to repeat copy audio clips with automation?

Common scenario:

Making a dance track, and I recorded my partner playing bass part variations to a click. Chose a bit 2 bars long. Snip those 2 bars to make a clip that I want to repeat. So far we are in territory that every DAW handles pretty much the same.

But....the trailing edge of my clip isn't at a zero crossing (I think there's a setting in CbB to prevent this and I forgot to turn it on, but that's not the point of my inquiry), and there's a click at the end which is only audible when it's solo'd, but....you know.

I figure no problem, I can throw a tiny fade on it before I tap it with the Groove Clip wand, so I kiss it with the Fade Tool just enough to get rid of the click, hit the Groove Clip button and drag it on out to the right....to find that my tiny fade is now a very looooooooooooong fade, spread out across 16 bars. Hmm. That ain't it.

Well, no problem, I un-do all of that and instead put a tiny bit of Clip Gain Automation at the end of the clip to make it a zero crossing. Nice, and it's cool to see it reflected in the waveform in real time. Another visit from the Groove Clip Fairy, drag the edge out to the right, and....oh. Clip Automation isn't part of Groove Clip Looping?

Okay, Copy that. I mean literally. Copy/Paste takes care of it, but that seems kinda brute force when we have elegant methods like Groove Clip Looping, and the resulting individual clips are just that, individual little clips to select and perform operations on.

Is there a spiffier way to go about repeating an audio clip with Clip Automation than Copy/Paste?