Softube Amp Room

cclarry

4 hours ago, Zo said:

Guyz after install , i lost nearly 2 gb on c drive , where the hell those data are !?

I think this replaces anything Amp Room (legacy now). And maybe other stuff. Routing with this is awesome (I mean you can divide  and choose to what frequency range you apply what effects).

3 minutes ago, Carlos said:

I think this replaces anything Amp Room (legacy now). And maybe other stuff. Routing with this is awesome (I mean you can divide  and choose to what frequency range you apply what effects).

Maybe I should uninstall the old plugins then. Good point. 

Well my not being able to work out how to inset the Marshall Plexi or Marshall Kerry King Signature or the Eden WT800 was just a matter of downloading the latest updates for each, now they show up and work fine. Still the CPU issue, don't see the point in using Amp Room to run them when I could run them on their own at lower CPU. Oh and found the manual in the FAQ's.

Isn't it funny how life changes priorities, came back from the doctors this morning to the news that my mum has passed away, it's been coming, terminal cancer, the doctor said that now she has gone my dad likely wont last long, he has dementia and has probably been holding on for mum. So things aren't good here at the moment.

It has really brought things into perspective, and I have probably been masking my own issues

with frivolous activities for a while now, but the recent events have brought it home all to clear. So I'll be off and preparing for a journey as soon as the borders here open up allowing travel, likely not to return. When the time comes I wont allow myself to go through the pain and misery that I know is coming, I watched my brother go through that 18 months ago, no thank you, I'll check out before that.

Do yourselves a favor, check out the Softube Marshall Plexi Super Lead 1959, and the Softube Marshall Kerry King Signature Series, and the Eden WT800 Bass Amp sim, all simply awesome.

Fair thee well 👋👋👋

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2
  • Great Idea 1
  • Sad 2

All the best to you.  I've learned a few things from your posts - everything except which amp sims you DO like but in retrospect, I really appreciate that,  actually.  Because you're right - its so subjective.  And it really isn't that important given the circumstances.  So safe travels when they come, and strength when you need it most.  I hope we see you back here someday.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

10 minutes ago, Marc Cormier said:

All the best to you.  I've learned a few things from your posts - everything except which amp sims you DO like but in retrospect, I really appreciate that,  actually.  Because you're right - its so subjective.  And it really isn't that important given the circumstances.  So safe travels when they come, and strength when you need it most.  I hope we see you back here someday.

Indeed. Hope to see you back, ensconced. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

13 hours ago, Marc Cormier said:

Anyone find an upgrade price from Metal Room or other legacy Amp Room product?  I don't have an account but might pursue the upgrade path if I find one of those cheap.

Upgrade for me is $29.  I have softube volume 4.  Also shows Marshall cabinet collection for $22.  Likely same reason. These might be intro upgrade specials though.

Edited by kevin H

@ensconced hope you 'll be ok homie , yep death is the perfect "vision cleaner" for real ,and as it is the absolute truth , this should be in our thougth at least once a day .

If anything needed hit us anytime !!  and yep you're right , softube amps are in my top 3 , even sometime better that neural dsp 3 i have (plini, nolly , abasi) , the details you get from the marshall is just superb (thks to a track played by Soundwise ) , i really appreciated her playing skill with that one !!

Just to ve notice : Amp Room is another product , it will not replace vintage amp room , bass amp room ect , so if you uninstall tjoe and open old projects , you'll be in trouble !!!

If anybody knpow where the data are , hit me , my laptop only has 7 gb free on C !!! don't want to buy another ssd as the cloning will be a pain for all maschine based authoristaion !!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Marc Cormier said:

Thanks, Kevin.  I have a deal on Metal Room pending in KVR for $40; if the update is $29 I'd save a bit of coin and pick up the Marshall cabs, too.  CPU is a real problem, though. 

If I add the upgrade from main page then goes back to $99 when I open cart. If I click on upgrade from details page it shows up correctly at $29 but says upgrade from softube volume 3 which seems to be upgrade from any of the volumes.  Not sure why it picked volume 3 :)

Edited by kevin H

2 hours ago, ensconced said:

Well my not being able to work out how to inset the Marshall Plexi or Marshall Kerry King Signature or the Eden WT800 was just a matter of downloading the latest updates for each, now they show up and work fine. Still the CPU issue, don't see the point in using Amp Room to run them when I could run them on their own at lower CPU. Oh and found the manual in the FAQ's.

Isn't it funny how life changes priorities, came back from the doctors this morning to the news that my mum has passed away, it's been coming, terminal cancer, the doctor said that now she has gone my dad likely wont last long, he has dementia and has probably been holding on for mum. So things aren't good here at the moment.

It has really brought things into perspective, and I have probably been masking my own issues

with frivolous activities for a while now, but the recent events have brought it home all to clear. So I'll be off and preparing for a journey as soon as the borders here open up allowing travel, likely not to return. When the time comes I wont allow myself to go through the pain and misery that I know is coming, I watched my brother go through that 18 months ago, no thank you, I'll check out before that.

Do yourselves a favor, check out the Softube Marshall Plexi Super Lead 1959, and the Softube Marshall Kerry King Signature Series, and the Eden WT800 Bass Amp sim, all simply awesome.

Fair thee well 👋👋👋

From human being to human being, from brother to brother, honest I'm with you. And I understand perfectly your situation. And I  think I will copy later in life this idea (checking out) myself. Hugs mate !

• Thanks 1

4 hours ago, Zo said:

Just to ve notice : Amp Room is another product , it will not replace vintage amp room , bass amp room ect , so if you uninstall tjoe and open old projects , you'll be in trouble !!!

It just replaces the product. Amp Room Bundle (Bass, Vintage, Metal) are no more. They become legacy now.

7 hours ago, Zo said:

If anybody knpow where the data are , hit me , my laptop only has 7 gb free on C !!! don't want to buy another ssd as the cloning will be a pain for all maschine based authoristaion !!

hm, which one, Zo?  Generally cloning disk is transparent for apps and mostly OS unless they use actual physical disk serial or so...

I think most authorization machine based use rather mb, cpu etc to verify if still on the same machine...

1 hour ago, Piotr said:

hm, which one, Zo?  Generally cloning disk is transparent for apps and mostly OS unless they use actual physical disk serial or so...

I think most authorization machine based use rather mb, cpu etc to verify if still on the same machine...

C:\Program Files\Common Files\Softube

4 hours ago, Carlos said:

C:\Program Files\Common Files\Softube

Hm? Isn't Softube using iLok? 

I did several cloning to migrate to bigger disk and I had been using iLok and didn't noticed any problem.

Are we talking about raw disk cloning? Byte to byte?  Where every data on disk is exactly the same...

So only apps which auth scheme used things like disk serial could have an issue as all data on both disk are just the same...

OS disk drivers are able to notice disk changed for obvious reason (it could lead to issue when migrating to disk with different driver never used in OS before).

Clean cloning OS disk i a little 'tricky' as it requires booting from pendrive  and clone under control other OS (best non Windows, not to let OS updates any internal data), and also important is no to boot when still both disks are connected and connect cloned disk to the same data chanel as was original disk.

But using disk procedure disks are indistinguishable at data level so if you have driver already present in OS (what in most cases are true) after migration/re-connection, old disk removal etc the best practice is perform reboot just after first boot on new disk and then resize disk (!).

If you have rare case driver is not present or Windows decided to use driver wrongly there is pretty simple workaround.

Connect empty new disk as new disk data register it in OS. If it is working Windows did all needed setup so you can just shutdown and use procedure described before.

I need to did this trick few years ago when I started to use Crucial disks as otherwise cloning failed because after reboot Windows discovered new model and tried to use not proper driver so system was totally unstable. After few failure tries I thought initially maybe disk is broken but realized analyzing OS behavior driver is not working.

So after that simple trick cloning action ended successful ;)

In fact any time it was successful but lack of drivers setup for OS disk which is booting and used is completely different animal than just adding another data disk.

Running OS just need to have proper driver setup for disk containing OS. Kind of obvious as you talk more but one can be tricked as Windows is doing many things in background transparently to user and apps (what is good of course)

• Like 1

Well the worst of times to be sure, I will be waiting around while my dad still lives, which by all accounts won't be long, he just looks like a shell now, and on top of that dementia look, very sad. The QLD Premier will be opening the borders it seems in July, so I can get back to Townsville gather up a few things and arrange for everything there to be sold there, then back to NSW and do what can be done with DAD.

Personally, had a Brain/CT scan this morning, echocardiogram this afternoon, MRI of the abdomen next week, another endoscopy and colonoscopy in the coming weeks, totally sick of being prodded and poked and scanned and needles, the funny part is I feel reasonably well except for a few niggles, but I know that will change soon enough. Anyway thank you everyone, seems I'll still be around until dad passes, unless my turn comes first, probably wont be long before Dad doesn't know who anyone is, oh well nothing you can do about it, it is what it is.

Thanks again all

• Sad 3

Hang in there, ensconced, don’t get caught up in all that prodding and poking. Human interaction is where it’s at, in music and otherwise, even when things seem dim. A hug, a smile, a laugh and a song can do wonders. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Sad 1

Here's pullin' for you, sir.  The circle of life is both awesome and unforgiving.  Control or influence what you can, and observe the rest at a distance with humility and grace.  Glad to have you here for however long you want to rejoin the banter or...just be around.  That's what I like to think of as the "therapeutic" part of the forum.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

To you gentleman, again, thank you, it really does help and bring some light to an otherwise dark time (and here I am tearing up as I read and type) Thank you.

Done some investigating this morning, getting my mind off things for a bit, using Amp Room's 80's Pop Rhythm preset.

I recreated it (outside Amp Room) using Studio Ones Splitter's to recreate the dual/split paths and replacing the various FX pedals/racks etc with others I have, using the same 2 amps from the Vintage Amp Room pack into 2 instances of Recab5 with cab IR's loaded, matched all settings best I could, basically recreating the chain outside of Amp Room as close as I could. The result was a 25% lower CPU reading than the equivalent with the New Amp Room.

Then I fired up REAPER still back on v5.9, not going to buy another license, anyway inserted Amp Room, it opened up quick, something it didn't do in S1, it took a while, then loaded up 80's Pop Rhythm preset and the CPU use was nothing really out of the ordinary, so I guess it is something to do with Studio One, or perhaps because I am still on Windows 10 v1803?

Anyone with Studio One notice that Amp Room takes a while to load, and then seems to use excessive CPU?

Guess I'll back up my system drive then let it update Windows 10 to the latest and see if that does anything, when support get back to me you can be assured that will be one of the first things they say.