Clip waveforms not visible when zoomed out horizontally

Kev

On my old computer, waveforms in clips were always visible in Track View, regardless of zoom. But on my current one (with the same version of Sonar) I have to zoom in horizontally before the waveform becomes visible. I prefer to have waveforms visible at all times. There must be a setting for it somewhere but I can't find it. Is it in the configuration file?

The other thing to check is the size of your picture cache:
image.png.9a0d0ef834b248d31ede766ef2aa1ef3.png

Right click on your picture folder within Windows explorer and check the current usage, and compare it to the size above :
image.png.5eb77065eb2701535c349b7ccd2d8aa1.png

The location of your picture folder is specified here:

image.png.ce700c4cfbf66adf4501b57cc35111f2.png

12 hours ago, Kalle Rantaaho said:

How's your display and screen resolution in your new machine compared to the old one? I think many have noticed that modern high resolution displays can be problematic wit programs that are designed for lower resolutions.

I only replaced the computer, not the screens. I also transferred the old graphics cards to the new machine. There should really be no difference.

Stranger still, if I bounce a clip, the waveform becomes visible at all zoom settings in the bounced clip. The disappearing waveform phenomenon only applies to recorded and imported clips.

• 2 months later...

Apparently the problem was due to a bug that has now been fixed in the 2020.09 update:

Changing Picture Cache to high values would cause waveforms to stop drawing. Picture cache sizes > 2GB now work properly. The max size for PicCacheMB in Aud.ini has been increased to 10000 MB.

All good now.