Synth Rack colour

Neel Modi

I'd love to the option to customize the colour of the synth rack background or background of the title field (similar to the track view) when a synth is selected. By default in the Tungsten theme, it doesn't have very good contrast to clearly see which synth is currently selected.

I posted on Facebook about this, in case it gets updated there:

https://www.facebook.com/groups/sonarusergroup/permalink/2757017177758492/

Not sure exactly which parts you want to change

Browser.11.1.png

The background of "J" in the image above may be changed in the theme editor

Browser.11.2.png

The background of "B" in this image may be changed in the theme editor too.

There is a user made index to theme elements in this post

Thanks scook, the guys on FB said it couldn't be done in the Theme Editor. I've never even installed the editor, but I can try it.

I'm looking for a different colour / shade on the SELECTED synth. If they all change to same colour, that won't help me.

8 minutes ago, Neel Modi said:

Thanks scook, the guys on FB said it couldn't be done in the Theme Editor. I've never even installed the editor, but I can try it.

I'm looking for a different colour / shade on the SELECTED synth. If they all change to same colour, that won't help me.

I was curious about this and since I enjoy learning about custom tweaks, I looked last night. Unfortunately, I didn't see any color elements or images taht would work for this; however, I was only looking at element names that seemed logical to try.  Not sure if there are elements for other things that also affect the selected / unselected Synth Rack list.  I will probably try again, though.

Edited by User 905133
to add missing words

9 minutes ago, User 905133 said:

I didn't see any color elements or images taht would work for this; however, I was only looking at element names that seemed logical to try.

I believe this is the case. The elements pointed to by "I"

Browser.11.1.png

are unchanged between Mercury and Tungsten. There are no explicit references to this as an image or color in the theme editor.

If it is capable of being altered chances are there would be side effects due to the color being used by several parts of the UI.

That said, my gut feeling is this has not been exposed in the theme editor so cannot be altered without directly editing the resource file.

IOW, this is a change request.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, scook said:

If it is capable of being altered chances are there would be side effects due to the color being used by several parts of the UI.

That said, my gut feeling is this has not been exposed in the theme editor so cannot be altered without directly editing the resource file.

Thanks for the insights. After trying a few non-logical elements, including many that >>might<< have a side effect, I'd say your gut feeling is correct.

I also tried some optical illusion like effects to make the distinction more noticeable. The best I could do (and it is not really helpful) was making the name frame the same shade of gray as the selected synth rack strip in the hope that the unselected one would "seem wrong."

image.png.31fb26d66cf6fc6a5f82e0be26e292e5.png

Edited by User 905133
  • Great Idea 1