Mirage. A jean-Luc Ponty cover

Mahavishnu

Mahavishnu , Incredible cover!  I don't remember the song but I remember the feel. I was a huge fan of John Luc in the 70's. I always wished I could play a violin and he was Fantastic with finding notes and stirring emotions. I've only given up on bagpipes and violin.  I'm looking hard at trying viola now. Anyway , very impressive job. No crits , No suggestions.  Welcome to the forum   Looking forward to hearing more from you.   Thanks ... mark

Thank you for your positive comments Mark, Lynn, David.  I'm a bit more critical.  It's very challenging trying to get a rock violin sound on Yamaha S90 keyboard and although not bad I didn't quite pull it off - Jean-Luc Ponty's  skill is inimitable but it was fun learning from his style.

I'll echo all the above; first rate cover!
I must admit my awareness of Ponty is his collaboration with the late/great FZ.

I would be remiss if I did not say "Welcome to the Forum", Looking forward to more...

tom

Alpha Purr is pretty cool too!
"haven't tested this on a cat yet"
That's quotable to be sure!
I may have to nic that.....

Edited by DeeringAmps
added comment

Thank you Tom for both listening and welcoming me to the forum. I have morphed from the old Cakewalk forum having posted there over the years. So thank you for your generous welcome. I look forward to sharing and critiquing like-minded musicians work.

• Like 1