Event Draw Duration

Somehow I have changed the Event Draw Duration drop down menu range/options in Sonar.  Instead of offering a range from whole note to 1/264th note (I believe that was the smallest option), I now have only the options of whole note to 1/32nd  note.  This makes it impossible to make precise edits since I am now limited to only 1/32nd note and larger ranges.  I dont know what I did to change the dropdown menu but I need the old ranges back.  Im frustrated and am considering a reinstall to get the default back.  Any help is appreciated. 

Somehow I have changed the Event Draw Duration drop down menu range/options in Sonar.  Instead of offering a range from whole note to 1/264th note (I believe that was the smallest option), I now have only the options of whole note to 1/32nd  note.  This makes it impossible to make precise edits since I am now limited to only 1/32nd note and larger ranges.  I dont know what I did to change the dropdown menu but I need the old ranges back.  Im frustrated and am considering a reinstall to get the default back.  Any help is appreciated. 

9 hours ago, mark nelson said:

The Note Draw Duration doesn't have anything to do with editing. It is so you can select the duration of notes you are entering. Are you referring to the Smart Grid  setting? That will definitely affect your editing.

On 6/8/2020 at 7:01 PM, Chappel said:

The Note Draw Duration doesn't have anything to do with editing. It is so you can select the duration of notes you are entering. Are you referring to the Smart Grid  setting? That will definitely affect your editing.

I'm talking about the small note draw duration box inside the larger box that houses the smart tool, select tool, move tool, edit tool draw tool and the erase tool.  I was able before to select all the way up to 124th note.  This allowed me to use these tools with some real precision.  Now I cant get as accurate when I use those tools - can't get as close to the exact spot I wanted to select, move or edit.  There must be a default or a way to change preferences for that tool.  Am I making any sense?

1 hour ago, mark nelson said:

I'm talking about the small note draw duration box inside the larger box that houses the smart tool, select tool, move tool, edit tool draw tool and the erase tool.  I was able before to select all the way up to 124th note.  This allowed me to use these tools with some real precision.  Now I cant get as accurate when I use those tools - can't get as close to the exact spot I wanted to select, move or edit.  There must be a default or a way to change preferences for that tool.  Am I making any sense?

Here is a screencap of the Note Draw Duration and Snap settings. The note duration goes down to a 1/32 triplet. The Snap setting includes the 1/128 note. You can see how I might be confused about your question.

48385875_NoteDraw-SnaptoGrid.thumb.jpg.e79e20f48659a86efeddf2d866a3c91a.jpg

26 minutes ago, mark nelson said:

Oh thank you so very much!!  I thought I had either screwed up my software settings for good or was going crazy.  You are the best.  Have a great evening!

I'm glad I could help.  🙂