Mic

Scheps Omnichannel Issue

Question

Hello ALL…… I use various channel strips from Waves (SSL package) , Brainworx  (N Channel)  and all work well.  However, when I load SOC in a CW project across multiple tracks the program runs great unit I close the project. At this point CW hangs and becomes non-responsive. I can not run more than 10 instances of SOC at best.  Is anyone also having this issue or can offer insight?  

1 answer to this question

Hello Mic... I just got the Scheps Omni Channel this week. I demo'd it for 3 days and had no problems, but I never tested saving a project using SOC on a track.

I purchased SOC and started to use it on a single vocal track. Worked great while I was was playing around with it and trying various presets. Only issue I had was that often the selected preset would change to a preset above in the list, whil changing parameters or something. Minor issue.

However, I save the project as a .CWB file and next day tried to open that proect and Cakewalk (newest version, using the Waves 11 version, on Win10-64 PC) crashed with an "Unhandled exception" error (Code: c0000005). Cakewalk will crash everytime I use SOC with a preset and save the project. I tried using SOC without a preset and it saves and reopens fine, but if any preset shows in the Preset box, even "Full Reset", the crash happens.

I will be contacting Waves about it Monday, but will experiment using and saving SOC on my Win7-64 drive where I'll try with the Waves 10 version.

Like you say, I really like what the SOC does and want to use it successfully. I think there may be some problem with the way it accesses the presets while loading. Will update this post when I find out.