Dimension Pro - Can Organ Rotary FX be turned off?

Hi,

Does anyone know how to turn off the Rotary speaker FX on the organ presets in Dimension Pro? I'd like to use a 3rd party Rotary Leslie plugin and need to turn off the one programmed into the DimPro preset.  I couldn't seem to find access to that parameter to turn it off.

(I assume all of the DimPro organ presets are programmed the same way for the Rotary FX, so it might not matter which preset.) Thanks

Hey scook, thanks, I remember using the Event Filter once before to stop the rotary per another discussion we had. I just thought maybe I could go straight to the source of the rotary fx somewhere within DimPro, maybe a modulation or LFO parameter setting I could quickly turn off instead of using the event filter.  I figured being an organ preset there would be something readily available on the dashboard.  I looked and tried changing a couple setting that I thought might be it, but no luck. Thanks bud, appreciate the reply as always. 

I do recall some discussions in the past about DP and leslie plug-ins. Probably the reason the image above was already in my imgur account.

Unlike dedicated organ plug-ins, DP can be programmed to be a lot of different instruments so there is no simple "turn the leslie off" switch.

You could look in the MIDI Matrix of the programs you want to use (third button right of the current program name) and see if the modwheel is set up there. Of course this is a per-program setting. You may want to copy the programs before modifying them.

Rather than mess with the programs, the Event Filter is easy and does just what you need...it prevents the modwheel data from reaching the synth.

Could create a track template with DP and its track(s), the event filter, the rotary cabinet plug-in and the MIDI track to drive the rotary cabinet. Then everything you need would be all set in the template.

There's no obvious Leslie FX in Dim Pro, but a lot of the organ patches I have seem to have the element FX set to Autopan.  Disabling that makes it less Leslie-y, but doesn't seem to eliminate it completely.

On 6/7/2020 at 9:45 PM, musikman1 said:

(I assume all of the DimPro organ presets are programmed the same way for the Rotary FX, so it might not matter which preset.

As you can see, this is not the case. Knowing the preset can make a difference.

That graphic is very helpful scook, I didn't think the controls would be found there. I was thinking more like a traditional analog synth, so I was primarily looking for them in the LFO/Mod sections only. With DP being vst, I keep forgetting that other controls can be assigned for more than one function, so very helpful to know where they are, at least in that particular patch.

I'll play around with some of those settings and see what I can come up with.  As Kevin mentioned, even if I can't get rid of it altogether, just backing it down enough so that it's not interfering with the Leslie plugin fx would be fine. Thanks for the assist, much appreciated as always.

The is an entire folder virtual B3 programs. The graphic is for those programs only. For others look at the MIDI Matrix.

The setup for the UI in the virtual B3 programs is in "Virtual B3.sfz"

Search the DP multisample folder for the file.

Should be able to cripple all the programs by modifying this sfz.

Keep a safety copy of the original sfz just in case.