Loopcloud .. anyone else using it with CW?

I took up the loopcloud 30 day demo on Friday & I am finding it a very good experience so far, the integration, the included VSTs.

In fact it has inspired me to finish a track this weekend. Because you can live audition loops, instruments, drums in realtime as you build your song it does get rid of writers block nicely. 

I found it great too coupled with the new arranger feature in CW .. pretty much gives you  the Ableton experience. Being able to build your track from blocks and parts and with Loopcloud auditioned loops, instruments, drums. An excellent idea when using the Loopcloud Drums VST and having a kit loaded is to export the chosen kit that plays well with your song as separate parts via soloing the drum parts in the loopcloud drum vst and exporting that loop only

Edited by aidan o driscoll
  • Like 1

I use Loopcloud every day. If I can't find a sound I like, they make it easy to find that one sound and be able to purchase that sound without having to buy a bundle of sounds, most of which I'll never use. Being able to audition the sounds and apply various manipulations is also helpful.

• 2 weeks later...

Had an issue where I found out they limit installations for your account, which screwed me when I had a PC issue that required a couple/few reinstall. 

Ditched them after that. 

Thank God this was before I spent much there. Nothing like losing access to what you pay for due to install limits. 

Better to just use Splice. Safer is probably a better word. 

23 hours ago, Cakewalk User said:

Had an issue where I found out they limit installations for your account, which screwed me when I had a PC issue that required a couple/few reinstall. 

Ditched them after that. 

Thank God this was before I spent much there. Nothing like losing access to what you pay for due to install limits. 

Better to just use Splice. Safer is probably a better word. 

All you have to do is email them and explain the situation and they will reset your account. I just upgraded my hard drive to a SSD and they had the account reset by the next morning. This was with the free account. I also have a paid account and it is likewise limited to 2 installs. Their highest level membership I believe give you 4 installs. I opened the free account because I like the program as a easily searchable librarian for my vast sample collection and I needed to use it on a couple of more computers than my paid account allowed.

Edited by Thomas Fort
additional info
  • Like 1

Yes, I use it, and I have to say, using it with CW, it is freaking amazing.  One of the things that I've railed about in the past with CW/Sonar is that is has (IMO) very poor loop construction/manipulation of samples, and it's difficult to demo candidate samples 'on the fly' even within the Media Selector.  The Loopcloud plugin makes this a much less tedious, and more enjoyable process.  One really cool thing is that it has a Pitch knob, which is a high-quality pitch-shifter.  It will allow you to pitch-shift a sample (Loopcloud or your own samples) to fit your song.  Along with being able to do sample edits and apply basic effects to a sample, again on the fly.  Then, when you are happy, you can drag/drop a complete sample with all the edits applied. 

The way I use it is that I create a Instrument track with it, then start the Loopcloud application.  I then setup a loop in my song where I would like to have a new sample, and then use the Loopcloud application to select one.  I can change the time, pitch, starting/ending time, apply effects, cut/paste samples all on the fly.  As mentioned above, it gives more of an Ableton-loop construction feel to your workflow.  It is my hope that the Bakers would develop something like this for CW, they could even setup a sample purchasing thing similar to Loopcloud.

I have Splice as well, and I like Splice, mainly because of their gigantic sample library, but man, it's a pain to demo their samples in that web interface.  I end up having to download them from Splice and bring them into my Loopcloud Library to use them.

As Aidan mentioned, it's a great inspiration boost.   If you try it and end up liking it, if you can wait (or just pay the monthly until then), they had 1/2 price on the Annual subscription around Black Friday/holidays, and I would think they will have such a sale again. I think it was like $60.00.  Out of all the stuff I bought during the holidays, this has been the most used and enjoyed of them all, and I just thought it would be a throw-away thing that I could just get $60.00 of quality loops from.  

Just wanted to share my positive experience with it.  

• Like 1