Constant undocking necessary

Ozz

This is just a small issue...but one I'd like to resolve, if possible.

This has been going on (I think) since the April update...

I use dual monitors, and when I begin a project, I undock the console view window and keep that in the left monitor.   In the past, once I did that, I could shut down and return to the project, and upon opening, everything would be as I left it (everything undocked the way I wanted it)

Starting (I believe) in the April update, I have to perform the undocking sequence every time I use the program.

Has anyone else noticed this, and is there a quick way to resolve it?  I took a quick look through the settings, and if it's there, I  missed it.

Again, this is obviously a VERY minor "problem",  but I'd appreciate any assistance!

Thanks

Edited by Ozz

32 minutes ago, Ozz said:

This is just a small issue...but one I'd like to resolve, if possible.

This has been going on (I think) since the April update...

I use dual monitors, and when I begin a project, I undock the console fader and keep that in the left monitor.   In the past, once I did that, I could shut down and return to the project, and upon opening, everything would be as I left it (everything undocked the way I wanted it)

Starting (I believe) in the April update, I have to perform the undocking sequence every time I use the program.

Has anyone else noticed this, and is there a quick way to resolve it?  I took a quick look through the settings, and if it's there, I  missed it.

Again, this is obviously a VERY minor "problem",  but I'd appreciate any assistance!

Do you use customized Workspaces?  I ask because with my personal dual monitor based Workspaces, I haven't noticed inconsistencies such as you describe. 

I know that "None" is often used as an option to preserve UI arrangements from session to session and often I use that.  However, at times I just want to use a specific Workspace--including the one where I have a full-screen, undocked console on Monitor 2.

UPDATE: I just went through my Workspaces and they seem consistent, though I did read that with 2020.05 there were some changes.  That being said, the ones I have set up to put up a full-screen undocked Console View on Monitor seem to work as they did before.  Also, I created a new "Undocked Test" that has three undocked panes on Monitor 2 and tested by opening up different projects.  That also seems consistent from project to project.

Edited by User 905133
To add an update based on some testing I did with my personal Workspaces.

• 1 month later...