Cakewalk Sound Center sounds not visible after reinstall

Andrew Bell

Hi,

I reinstalled Cakewalk by Bandlab after a few problems. Everything is working, except that, if I assign Cakewalk Sound Center to an instrument track, I can't see or choose any of the sounds. I can see the categories e.g Bass, but I can't see Acoustic Bass or any other actual sound at the right of the dialog box.

Where I have tracks already using Cakewalk Sound Center sounds, they still load and play fine, but I can't swap them out with any others, because of the problem just mentioned.

Can anyone shed light on this.

Thanks,

Andrew

Cakewalk Sound Center is a 32-bit VST plugin that will work with Cakewalk by BandLab.

On my system it is located at" c:\program files\cakewalk\vstplugins\cakewalk sound center\CakewalkSoundCenter.dll'.

You may need to re-install the version of Sonar that included the plugin. Some of the Sound Center  sound libraries are also dependent on installs for Dimension Pro and  the classic Rapture. Everything needs to be in place before you install Cakewalk by BandLab, because it is dependent on previous Sonar installs for the bundled content.

• Like 2

• 6 months later...

abacab.....Thank you much!!

Only diff was instead of "program files" part in the path, on my computer it was "program files (x86)".  The rest was the same.  And it's even working!!

Also had to restart the program for Sound Center to show in the Soft Synth menu.

Tks again!

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

You may check the audio subsystem you're using (WASAPI, ASIO). In most cases ASIO, despite providing a better overall latency, will lock the audio interface for itselt, thus preventing other apps from using it. Check if Asio4ALL is still running after you close Cakewalk (check for an icon on the system tray).

Raspy sounds usually mean a very low buffer, and are caused by buffer underruns: your audio subsystem plays the audio fragments before your DAW has time to process data and feed the aforementioned buffers. It happens because your plugins spend time calculating the audio signal before dumping it to the audio device. If it spends more time than it is allowed by the buffer size (its size determines latency) failures will happen.

Low buffer size is desired when recording a solo performance or performing live. For playback bigger buffers are the best option.