Resolved: Kontakt 6.2.2 using Xosphere 2 in SPlat locks up

Hi folks. Am still running the last version of SPlat, I think. Love it.

Purchased Xosphere 2 and have full version of Kontakt 6 (6.2.2)

They work just fine in standalone mode.

In SPlat Kontakt 6 runs all the instruments just fine, but while Xosphere 2 loads just fine and even runs the default instrument preset, when I select a new preset then the audio engine dies and the Xosphere GUI most locks up. The preset never loads. Have to shutdown SPlat at that point. 

Anyone seen this kind of behavior? Ideas?

Xosphere2 pic3 xosphere frozen while loading.jpg

Edited by MrWeemich
Resolved.

It definitely has a hard time loading presets in the most recent 2020.05 Cbb, but at least for me it sooner or later does finish loading.  Things go slightly smoother (no audio engine cut out) if you press the ! in Kontakt before switching presets.  Otherwise it does seem to peg a core 100% and kill the audio engine.  Restarting the audio engine seems to get it to load (though is pretty slow to load).

You might need to change your options in Kontakt (for how many cores to use) and Cakewalk.  The last version of SPlat has tons of bugs that have long been fixed, continuing to use it will likely run into all sorts of issues like this.  I doubt anyone at NI or SampleLogic would even bother looking into it.

Xosphere 2 does this same thing in Cubase 10.5.20, the audio engine freaks out (but doesn't fully stop just sounds broken for a very long time) before the next preset loads.  It's definitely a Kontakt/Xosphere 2 issue but I doubt it's something they can/could/will address.

Resolved.

OK. Went into the SPlat config file and changed the audio engine drop out from 250 to 1000.  That fixed it. I also made sure all 6 cores were used in Kontakt and Sonar, as well. But it was not until I adjusted the audio engine dropout that the problem resolved. 

I suspect this is an issue with how samples are loaded in kontakt from non-library instruments (Xosphere2) vs library instruments. All my library instruments load smoothly.