Vol/Gain/Pan Controls Missing #wherearethesettings?

chamlin

As you (hopefully) can see in the attached image, on one song I have volume, gain, pan controls, but on the other they're missing. These are older songs so I have no idea how I created either one.

Where are the settings for what shows up in this area, whatever it's called? Thx!

Indicators.png

I refuse to admit I asked the same question after claiming I tried everything. And when I got the answer I couldn't believe I missed it. I've  freaking used it to reduce the number of items in the track folders in the past.

Nope, I never did that. ;)

I will say that Bandlab cleaned up a number of item descriptions and locations so the GUI makes a lot more sense.

Edited by Awats

One thing that many fail to do when learning software, and I used to fall hugly under this category,  is take some time to explore your GUI. 

We tend to race towards getting the feature we want working and carry on sometimes for years without having a clue about what all that other "stuff" does. 

Making my tutorials forced me to explore Cakewalks GUI in depth.  Showing my friend how it all works made me stop for a moment and ask " Just how many ways are there to insert a soft synth?"  ( I found 4 so far) .

One of the overlooked features is the HELP MODULE.  Open it up and start hovering you mouse over buttons and menu's.  It will explain what most of these things do.. 

Here's a screenshot what it says when you hover the Track Control Preset Widget. 

And thanks John for giving it an official description.. See, I learned something from that. I didn't know what they were called... I guess Mr SLIP has been hanging out on other forums were comments like that are par for the course. But please folks, that style has never won friends on the Cakewalk forums.  

2019-02-15 (1).png

• Like 3
  • Thanks 3

I don't know it this still is in effect but in version 8 we were able to move the widgets around so they would show those we used most on top. I think it was dropped in X1. But I have not tested this or looked around to figured it. The main reason is the Inspector pane. It can show all controls for a track.  Sonar 8 did not have the wide Inspector that X1 had and all the version after it. 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, John said:

I don't know it this still is in effect but in version 8 we were able to move the widgets around so they would show those we used most on top. I think it was dropped in X1. But I have not tested this or looked around to figured it. The main reason is the Inspector pane. It can show all controls for a track.  Sonar 8 did not have the wide Inspector that X1 had and all the version after it. 

The track control manager still exists. It can be access from the track view preset picker as shown in the pic.
All settings from the track control manager are also saved with lenses so you can completely customize the track view controls and save a lens preset for it as well.

TCM.png

• Thanks 2

2 hours ago, Chuck E Baby said:

I believe you can Hold down the Alt key and click and drag the widget sections.

Love that feature.

Thanks Chuck, I knew about that there is a key to do that but I didn't recall it. Yes I did like it.