Wish List

jimlynch22

On 6/8/2020 at 7:22 AM, User 905133 said:

I was confused by this, too. According to the default Key-bindings, ALT+X toggles Aim Assist on/off.  When I tested it (with ALT+X), the state of Aim Assist did not seem to get saved and restored via specific Workspaces.  (I don't think the reference is to Key-bindings, because those can be saved with Workspaces.)

I never use it (except when I see it referenced in the forum so I can teach myself about it), but just now it [the on/off status] did seem to persist regardless of Workspace or project.  

image.png.565cca6e749d74d8cbfe09eebc787328.png

I think if I were to use Aim Assist, I'd like it on all the time unless I explicitly toggled it off via Alt-X, but I can understand how others might want a whole bunch of settings (including Aim Assist on/off) set up by personal Workspaces.

If this is not what the comment refers to, I'll go with any forthcoming clarification.

See 

On 6/8/2020 at 8:15 AM, John Bradley said:

A split in the PRV would be nice, though ideally I'd like to have multiple, unconnected PRV windows.

I produce backing tracks for my band, and include bass and drum parts A) so I can have a finished produced track for my own purposes, and B) as a "here's what I'd like you guys to play" teaching tool. It'd be really nice to have the drum and bass tracks displayed in their own PRV windows (and dragged out of the multidock onto a second monitor). That way the notes won't potentially overlap, and I can zoom them differently to best display the respective note ranges.

If for technical reasons the two (or more PRVs) would have to share the same horizontal scale, that wouldn't be the end of the world, though of course it'd be preferable of they could be set to different horizontal scales.

Interesting. I see how seperate PRV windows would help your use-case.  My use-case is a bit different, which is mostly writing a new part, say a bass line or counter melody while seeing a reference track, say a chord progression,  in a seperate lane to see how the notes in the different tracks a lining up. 

1 hour ago, jimlynch22 said:

Interesting. I see how seperate PRV windows would help your use-case.  My use-case is a bit different, which is mostly writing a new part, say a bass line or counter melody while seeing a reference track, say a chord progression,  in a seperate lane to see how the notes in the different tracks a lining up. 

Makes sense. I could see wanting a split within a single PRV as well for just that sort of thing. Run into your issue when I want enter a high string part while still seeing what I have the bass doing. If they're 3 or 4 octaves apart I have to have everything vertically scaled down to get both parts on screen at the time, and can't necessarily see what I'm doing at that point. Or consistently enter notes where I want them.

1 hour ago, John Bradley said:

Makes sense. I could see wanting a split within a single PRV as well for just that sort of thing. Run into your issue when I want enter a high string part while still seeing what I have the bass doing. If they're 3 or 4 octaves apart I have to have everything vertically scaled down to get both parts on screen at the time, and can't necessarily see what I'm doing at that point. Or consistently enter notes where I want them.

yes, and when the two tracks are in the same range, it's somewhat awkward.

On 6/8/2020 at 8:21 AM, scook said:

This is possible today. After creating a PRV, right-click the tab if docked or the left Windows menu if undocked and lock the contents. Once locked, create another PRV and so on for as many copies of the PRV as needed.

For stacked and synced PRVs, the only option today is the inline PRV.

Ah! Thanks!  I forgot about inline PRV. Would be great if the new Show Note Names was available inline.

On 6/9/2020 at 7:10 AM, JoseC said:

Isn´t that what Process>Retrograde does?

Nope.  Retrograde simply reverses the order of the notes, left to right.  A melody is inverted by flipping it  upside-down.   For example,  Performing Retrograde on  C, D, E gives you E, D, C.   Inverting C, D, E in tge key of C gives you C, A#, C#.

1 minute ago, jimlynch22 said:

Nope.  Retrograde simply reverses the order of the notes, left to right.  A melody is inverted by flipping it  upside-down.   For example,  Performing Retrograde on  C, D, E gives you E, D, C.   Inverting C, D, E in tge key of C gives you C, A#, C#.

Ummm...the Transform CAL script then, I think

6 minutes ago, jimlynch22 said:

Sounds like this thread (includes a CAL-based solution)

8 minutes ago, JoseC said:

Ummm...the Transform CAL script then, I think

That's it, Very cool!!  I've never looked at CALs.  There is fertile ground for plowing through.  I'm really glad I posted my wish list, I'm learning so much. Thanks.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, jimlynch22 said:

That's it, Very cool!!  I've never looked at CALs.  There is fertile ground for plowing through.  I'm really glad I posted my wish list, I'm learning so much. Thanks.

Notice that you can open them in Notepad to read how to use them.