Believe

Leadfoot

Oh very good Leadfoot ! . . . you've got your foot right down on this one. I found it very interesting to listen to with the different sections and chord changes. Also, the vocalist has great range, enough to get above the volume.

• Like 1

The first heavy metal song I've ever heard where I could make out the lyrics. 😃
Thought it was going to be electronic because of the sweeping filter synths at the beginning but then you made a sharp turn into metal. And you nailed that genre nicely. No crits, just commenting to say that you did a great job.

• Like 1

@noynekker Thanks man! I'm glad you liked it! I appreciate you listening!

@bjornpdx I'm glad you could understand it! Thanks for checkin it out!

@Bajan Blue Thanks! I appreciate it!

@DeeringAmps Thanks for the like man! That was very cool of you!

@michaelhanson Thanks for checking it it Mike!

@David Sprouse Thanks David!

@Wookiee Thanks for the attempt, Wookiee!

@emeraldsoul Thanks man! Glad you liked it! I'm using a rack mount Line 6 POD HD Pro for the guitars. Thanks for taking the time to listen!

Thanks for all the comments, guys! I appreciate it!

• Like 2

@Leadfoot A little metal to start the day never hurts, will not comment on lyrical content. It might surprise you I actually quite like a bit of metal, I was musically educated on the likes of Black Sabbath, Black Widow, early Led Zeppelin, Deep Purple, Taste, T2 etc.  (much to the fear of my dear old Strict Baptist Dad)

Musically it sounds accomplished.  Mix wise, and this is just my personal furry preferences, I would have liked the kick to have been a tad more chest crushing, some more separation between the featured guitars would have been nice, they all sounded very much on top of each other.   The vocal was nice and clear, lyrics understandable.  Thhe opening synth drone was very nice.

Perhaps slightly over squished, the meters on my desk seemed to be locked in place.

Overall though breakfast was better for a little metal, thanks for sharing.

• Like 2

On 6/7/2020 at 7:27 PM, Lynn said:

You might convert some people with this.  This is one of the better metal recordings I've heard in a while.  A good example of what could be.

That would be awesome Lynn! Thanks for the positive feedback!

On 6/8/2020 at 5:58 AM, Douglas Kirby said:

That's pretty wild Leadfoot - a metal religious song - this really rocks - excellent mix. I really like your lead vocal, and there's some really cool guitar playing in this.

Impressive drum track as well - it really drives the song.

Well done.

Hey Doug! Thank you for checking it out!  I appreciate your comments!

• 1 month later...
On 8/6/2020 at 3:06 PM, SteveC said:

Another great piece you've got here...      Wasn't expecting the message at first, yet it never stopped driving forward with crunch and clarity.

Thanks for checking it out Steve! I wasn't expecting any more comments on this since I posted it so long ago! I'm glad you like it man!