Crows Are Flying East

David Sprouse

12 hours ago, Douglas Kirby said:

That's a cool short composition - you should do a lengthier version. What sound library did you use there?

Hi Douglas, this is ***** by spitfire (alternatve solo strings)  it's a great library.  When I listened to it again this morning, I agree with you it should be longer.   Thanks for your time :D:D

I think I've mentioned this before, for some reason some of your pieces remind me of the soundtrack to Yellow Submarine.
I hope you'll take that as a compliment.
As to Kafka, I guess all my taste is in my mouth. Some of the "great" 20th century novelists leave me cold.
Salinger, Perfect Day for Banana Fish, really? He wrote ***** in Catcher, BFD.

Maybe I've been cooped up to long?
Ya think?

tom

off to curl up on the couch with some good 'ol pulp fiction; I won't have to think...

49 minutes ago, DeeringAmps said:

I think I've mentioned this before, for some reason some of your pieces remind me of the soundtrack to Yellow Submarine.
I hope you'll take that as a compliment.
As to Kafka, I guess all my taste is in my mouth. Some of the "great" 20th century novelists leave me cold.
Salinger, Perfect Day for Banana Fish, really? He wrote ***** in Catcher, BFD.

Maybe I've been cooped up to long?
Ya think?

tom

off to curl up on the couch with some good 'ol pulp fiction; I won't have to think...

Dont get me started on Salinger.  But if you've read nine stories...then you're way cool.  He was a friend of my Grandmother's.  6 degrees...y'know. Also, if teddy died (dode?) it was a heroes death.

Edited by David Sprouse
  • Like 1

Very nice, David! I come from a classical background, so I really appreciate a good orchestral tune. It was short, as you noted, but you packed a lot into that 1:14. Very complex, dissonant at times, but beautiful. Nicely done!

So I added a middle section, but it clips on some speakers and not others.  What should I do? Also, the little tune in the middle is Segovia's estudio sin luz.   (study without light, I thought it was apropos of crows)  Thank you Tom and Wookie for listening and the suggestions.

Edited by David Sprouse

On 6/7/2020 at 9:21 AM, Leadfoot said:

Very nice, David! I come from a classical background, so I really appreciate a good orchestral tune. It was short, as you noted, but you packed a lot into that 1:14. Very complex, dissonant at times, but beautiful. Nicely done!

It's longer now.  Thanks for taking the time to listen to it leadfoot!