Cakewalk surround abilities - what is missing to be supported by Waves surround stuff?

LarsF

Mostly out o curiosity I saw that very few hosts were approved for Waves surround.

I was thinking also on some other brand surround plugin, listing the same hosts as Waves - so just wondered.

And Cakewalk is approved for just about all other Waves stuff.

Thanks.

I can barely afford two speakers, much less five of them.

I did, however, do an experiment once with an ancient pair of Pioneer quadraphonic headphones. That was fun, but then I realized just how awful headphones sounded in the 60's.

I listened to a whole bunch of binaural stereo demos and found the same weakness for phones on all of them - they miss out on the horisontal plane that is in front of you and behind you. This needs to be created on phones and especially if doing VR which this plugin claimed to be for - but useless for that purpose since not there in any I found.

Demos were made for having stereo speaker in front of you - then that horisontal plane is there automatically. But behind you still as bad not having a full horisontal plane there. I thought it would be fun to do phones targeted mixes but just getting stereo on phones it grows upwards with more reverb moving objects away, not in front of you as I expected for claiming to be for VR. 

If you move in a hallway and a sound source in front of you - it should be felt being in front of you, not just your head blown out of proportion. If making VR goggles for games this is essential or you don't feel this is real.

I just love Wishbone Ash and this song with this kind of demo

I found a plugin that works really well in Cakewalk, can be used on mono or stereo track. Plugin does not need to be surround channels. But you can create surround environment for parts of mixes as you please, for phones or speakers.

https://wavearts.com/products/plugins/panorama-6/

Seems really cool, and good manual actually explains what every control is about, how it affect the end result.

Audio bouncing on harder material and how a believable audio image of a room is created. And get exact positioning of source and listener, above, behind, below or whatever. Doppler effect as well for moving objects. For reflection model you tell which material on each wall, floor and  ceiling.

There is a load of binaural algorithms, meaning how the head of listener is emulated.

Licensing is ok, 3 pc's of same user, and either serial number or iLok - pricetag good too. I thought it will would be perfect for my videos of timelapses and stuff and target headphones with mixes(but speakers can be used too, they have an elimination for crosstalk that appear between speakers).

Ran it for a couple of hours now, and is really cool.

Edited by LarsF