How to freeze synth to a different track

Bassfaceus

Could be being used to other daws that does not have audio tracks at all on outs, only automation tracks in track view.

Cubase and StudioOne as examples, you have to fiddle with extra tracks. Cubase even hides frozen audio, not visible to preview doing automation.

Cakewalk implementatiton is the best there is, in my view.

You just freeze and you get audio where you had meters going before, so good overview when to do automation later.

Especially when doing multi out VST instruments a great feature.

And unfreezing is as easy as freezing later if to continue working on that track.

All other daws always created extra tracks to keep track of, and some even manual handling of freeing resources and stuff.

But if you really need separate audio somewhere else, you got your answers earlier.

My preferred method is the one suggested by Alan above. Freeze the track, select it and CTL-SHIFT-drag it into another audio track.

This has the added advantage of being able to copy just specific parts of the track. For example, you could drag a single cymbal crash or snare hit over, reverse it and nudge it to the left for a whoosh effect. I'll sometimes use that to implement a reverse-reverb effect at the start of a vocal phrase. 

• Like 1

...and if you have an "analogue style" VST instrument, remember to try freezing the track several times (copying and undoing in between) as you might get different results each time. It's not unusual for me to "comp" my synth freezes. :)🥶

thanks for the replies...

i dont think i fully explained my problem..

i tried the solutions offered but still had the same problem.

i can freeze and copy/clone to another track but when i unfreeze the synth track the  copied track disappears.

this is what i want to do..i have several midi tracks all hitting the one synth

i want to freeze each of those tracks to seperate audio tracks but i cant do it.

whenever i freeze a track it disables the synth and i cant make it active again ive tried "undo bypass and even tho the light comes on it still doesnt react to midi input.

what am i doing wrong??

thanks

Instead of freeze try this http://www.cakewalk.com/Documentation?product=Cakewalk&language=3&help=SoftSynths.12.html

Freeze disconnects the synth. To reconnect a synth -

When the synth rack is in the browser pane

• click on the synth in the synth rack to select it and
  • use the synth settings menu "D" in the image below to access the connect option

Browser.11.1.png

When the synth rack is in the multidock or undocked click the power button "A" in the "Undocked" image below

Browser.11.2.png

I personally like to use Bounce to Track.  Highlight the Midi source and the Synth Audio Track and then click Bounce to Track. You’ll then get options like (Entire Mix, Tracks, etc.) as well as Tracks source options if you have multiple tracks selected.  

You can also Bounce to an already pre-created and labeled track or choose to bounce to an entirely new track.
I’ll bounce my Vienna MIR to separate tracks of 1st Violins, 2nd Violins, Violas, Cellos, Basses. Multiple Midi channels feeding multiple synth channels in Vienna ensemble/MIR that are all coming in on a Stereo feed that I bounce each section (and sometimes different Mic positions) separately from.

This way you can even bounce just a new intro for the 1 st Violins as Bouncing to Track keeps the Synth connected until you disconnect it from the Synth Rack (which can always be reconnected when needed) I have lost patch programming from Freezing and unfreezing in the past.  Now I always create a Folder in the Project folder to save ALL synth presets used for the project for a just in case.

Bounce to Track - check it out!

✌️