moving tracks very slightly to be synchronized?

Marcello

Question

Hi I recorded some guitar tracks but one of them is not perfectly synchronized with the right tempo, very very slightly.

Instead of recording again I'm trying to move the track one step earlier but by default it adjust it automatically with the time frames on top of the track like in the photo below

while I would need to move the track just very slightly left, is this possible? In the photo between 17th and 18th there are 4 thicks where I can move the track, but doesn't seem I can move it between them.

image.png.376e55a4160fc76ead643422cab3a83e.png

5 answers to this question

All above advice is great.

Your other options are Audiosnap, Melodyne. But if the whole clip is slightly off, turning off snap will help you move it easier. Jon's idea is very effective when you want pinpoint precision.  

If i may make a suggestion, Turn your input level up on that guitar. Your wave form looks like its comming in around -12db.

Nudge preferences can be set.  I set mine to 1 ms, 5 ms and 10 ms. (On the Numeric keypad. 1 is 1 ms earlier, 3 Is 1 ms later; 4 is 5 ms earlier and 6 is 5 ms later; 7 is 10 ms earlier and 9 is 10 ms later) This makes it easy to ‘pocket’ the parts by nudging very quickly.

It sounds like your Snap to Grid is On though.  Press N to turn Snap on or off even while you are trying to drag.

Nudging is worth learning the numeric shortcuts though and again those values can be customized to your liking in preferences.