need help for hearing stereo from my headphones

aysegul

I am very new user and just trying to record my songs.But while I am singing I hear my voice only from right or left ear, (mono) However when recording was completed I can hear my voice from both ears as stereo. How and why it happens ? I need to hear my voice as stereo during my recording, mono sound is really annoying. my headphones, microphone and audio interface are behringer and all are new. 

Edited by aysegul
typing

What you hear is actually not mono, but stereo. There is signal fed only to the left channel, because the microphone is a mono source.

When you record mono signal, like microphone, on a stereo track, it gets recorded on the left. Change the track to mono, then you should  hear your voice from both sides. Mono signals, like microphone and guitar, are usually recorded on a mono track.  Maybe there is an option in the interface settings to double the mono signal to  a stereo track, like Martsave above suggests, I don't know.

Having a mono track, you can use the panning normally, panning a stereo track, you usually need to use a channel tool to have full control.

• Great Idea 1

While you were recording, you were likely using direct monitoring through your interface rather than monitoring the audio that's actually going to the track (via the input echo button on the track). As mentioned, microphones are a mono source, you just need to make sure you set the input on the track to be the proper input for the microphone. Cakewalk groups your audio drivers as stereo pairs, so choose the appropriate left or right input on the track, then it will play back as expected.

• Great Idea 1

The solution is on the front panel of the interface.  Even with no computer hooked up you should be able to adjust what you hear in your headphones. You should post which model so we can tell you exactly which settings to use.