Feature: Add synth connect/disconnect to track view track

Josh Wolfer

I'd like to add a synth connect/disconnect button into the track view within the instrument track. 

This will make it a lot easier to enable and disable synths without having to open up the synth rack view. Other DAWs have this ability and it's rather convenient. 

This will especially make it easier to work off of a large template file where most / all of the synths start in a disconnected state and then are enabled as needed. 

Also, for some reason Connect/disconnect is only in the synth rack when it's floating. When it's part of my right side multidock, the option isn't visible at all, which is doubly annoying. I had to look up the option in the manual, because I couldn't find it. 

image.thumb.png.132382f46fb854bc85971cc1d7c43659.png

• Great Idea 4

• 2 years later...
On 6/5/2020 at 1:05 AM, Josh Wolfer said:

This will especially make it easier to work off of a large template file where most / all of the synths start in a disconnected state and then are enabled as needed. 

I have exactly the same problem with big orchestral templates.

Or a possibility to freeze an empty instrument track (no midi notes) would be enough, I guess. Now it's a bit complicated to fully "disable" a track. I use the archive function but synth stays connected.

Cakewalk is awesome, been using it for a couple of years. This is the only thing I'm missing right now.

For now, just disconnect the synths.

Disconnected synths do not load into memory.

There is no room for the Power Buttons (controls for the synth connect/disconnect) when the synth rack view is docked with the browsers, so the disconnect/connect function is in the synth settings menu (D in the image below). Give a synth focus in the synth rack before using the menu. Undocked on docked in the multidock displays the Power Buttons.

Browser.11.1.png

8 hours ago, scook said:

For now, just disconnect the synths.

Disconnected synths do not load into memory.

There is no room for the Power Buttons (controls for the synth connect/disconnect) when the synth rack view is docked with the browsers, so the disconnect/connect function is in the synth settings menu (D in the image below). Give a synth focus in the synth rack before using the menu. Undocked on docked in the multidock displays the Power Buttons.

Browser.11.1.png

it's still hard to use, when in the synth rack you can't move vst up and down, and when you select vst in the track view it won't be selected in the synth rack.

• Like 1

Yes, would be easier to disconnect the synth if I could see the right synth in the rack when I click the instrument track. And the small power button would be nice when the rack is docked.

Or maybe some other ways to do it easier?