HELP! MIDI NOTES VELOCITY

Marcello

Question

Hi there, I have a midi drum track and I have set up the velocity of each kick at maximum, if I right click on a single midi note I can change the velocity, but if I select multiple notes and then right click on them it won't change all the selected notes velocity, but just the one I click on.

Since there are lot of notes and I want to only low down the velocity on the crash, ride and hit hat I'm not able to do it with selecting multiple notes. How can I do this without having to change one by one?

image.png.b3a3f08d2a78593525170586da94fdf2.png

thanks

8 answers to this question

In PRV, select all notes by clicking the keyboard.  Then, adjust the velocity of one of the selected notes - all of the selected notes' velocities will change.

Note : you might have to select PRV Menu Notes | Show Velocity on Selected Notes Only to make this easier.  (I have a PRV keybinding Shift + V for this as I use this a lot)

Another method: With the notes selected, you can also go to the Main menu Process | Scale Velocity and enter the same number for Begin and End and deselect "percentage"

What's PRV,  piano roll view? Sometimes I can grab the velocity bars in the controller pane and drag them up or down. But usually I can't, and can't figure out why not. Maddening. The documentation isn't helping here. Editing notes that show bright or faint is a drag.

Edited by nedped

22 minutes ago, nedped said:

What's PRV,  piano roll view? Sometimes I can grab the velocity bars in the controller pane and drag them up or down. But usually I can't, and can't figure out why not. Maddening. The documentation isn't helping here. Editing notes that show bright or faint is a drag.

Yes, PRV is the Piano Roll View.

I have always been able to edit velocities in the PRV controller pane. 

You do have the Smart Tool or Move Tool enabled when you attempt to edit the velocities in the PRV controller pane, don’t you?

Plus 1 for Scook, I also always use the inspector and it is very easy, fast and versatile. Lasso select (or use ctrl to add more notes either by clicking or lassoing) and set a relative/absolute value to change all selected notes at once.

2 hours ago, Promidi said:

Yes, PRV is the Piano Roll View.

I have always been able to edit velocities in the PRV controller pane. 

You do have the Smart Tool or Move Tool enabled when you attempt to edit the velocities in the PRV controller pane, don’t you?

Yes. I have the Smart Tool enabled but it gives me drawing tool. Move tool doesn't do anything. The tool doesn't read the vertical velocity bars. Hovering isn't active, except with the notes. Only way I can change velocity is to select and edit the note manually or to select the note then left click and drag the mouse up or down from the selected note.  

8 minutes ago, nedped said:

Yes. I have the Smart Tool enabled but it gives me drawing tool. Move tool doesn't do anything. The tool doesn't read the vertical velocity bars. Hovering isn't active, except with the notes. Only way I can change velocity is to select and edit the note manually or to select the note then left click and drag the mouse up or down from the selected note.  

Are these step sequences by any chance? 

• Like 1