Feature request: Keyboard shortcut to move the Loop selection bracket

JoseC

4 hours ago, Josh Wolfer said:

Move it in what way? Like slide it a measure ahead or behind?

Yes, slide it ahead or behind according with the snap resolution, to try possible loops in a recording. 

• Like 1

HI:)

It's possible to change the FROM and TO locations in CAL language, so you can move Loop with 2 Shortcuts, 1 for moving the selection 1 bar to the right and press SHIFT+L again to move the LOOP to the new Selection, I can write a short CAL file.....

Not possible to get or write the loop position in CAL but in conjunction with Autohotkey it should be possible to set 2 Hotkeys for moving right and left......that'sa nice idea:)

Easier with the mouse or 2 Midi Controller Buttons! 

Will write back soon;)

Bassman.

Edited by Heinz Hupfer

Hi again:)

Oki, here it is:

MoveSelectionRight_1_Bar.cal

MoveSelectionLeft_1_Bar.cal

Both at 960 ticks per quarter note, 4/4 , at less resolution or other metre change the CAL (960 per quarter note)!

I put them on ALT+Left and Alt+Right in the Settings/Shortcuts

For Autohotkey I took Alt+Shift+Left  and  Alt+Shift+Right

============================ (Autohotkeyfile.AHK)

#IfWinActive, ahk_exe Cakewalk.exe

!+Right::
Send, {Alt down}{right}{Alt up}
Send, {Shift down}L{Shift up}
Return

!+Left::
Send, {Alt down}{left}{Alt up}
Send, {Shift down}L{Shift up}
Return

============================ -->MoveLoop.AHK

I like it:) Very fast to move Selection Left or right! Faster than the mouse......

Greetz,

Bassman.

MoveSelectionLeft_1_Bar.cal MoveSelectionRight_1_Bar.cal MoveLoop.ahk

Edited by Heinz Hupfer
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, Heinz Hupfer said:

It's possible to change the FROM and TO locations in CAL language, so you can move Loop with 2 Shortcuts, 1 for moving the selection 1 bar to the right and press SHIFT+L again to move the LOOP to the new Selection, I can write a short CAL file.....

Not possible to get or write the loop position in CAL but in conjunction with Autohotkey it should be possible to set 2 Hotkeys for moving right and left......that'sa nice idea:)

Easier with the mouse or 2 Midi Controller Buttons! 

Will write back soon;)

Bassman.

Thanks, Heinz, but that does not actually quite do what I suggest. I want to be able to move the loop bracket by the snap resolution. One bar is not enough. The idea is to have a long recorded midi or audio sequence and slide the loop by, for example, sixteenth notes. I like to jam with hardware arpeggiators and sequencers, introduce random or generative elements and record the output. I then set a loop of the desired length, one, two, or four bars, and move the loop bracket with the mouse by the smallest resolution of the sequence to find and sample different rythmic or melodic phrases. In Ableton Live you can do this with the arrow keys, and it is much more convenient than using the mouse.

Anyway, thanks again for the CAL scripts. I use a Contour Shuttle Pro, mainly for navigation, and I will set up a couple of buttons to try them. 

Edited by JoseC

@JoseC

It's not possible in CAL to read out the momentary snap resolution, but we can set them to every resolution:

You can just edit the CAL

3840 - 4/4bar

1920 - a half

960  - quarter

480 - eightth (? 8th)

240 - sixteenth

120 - 32th

Bassman.

MoveSelectionRight_16th.cal MoveSelectionright_8th.cal MoveSelectionRight_quarter.cal MoveSelectionRight_half.cal MoveSelectionLeft_16th.cal MoveSelectionLeft_8th.cal MoveSelectionLeft_quarter.cal MoveSelectionLeft_half.cal MoveSelectionLeft_1_Bar.cal MoveSelectionRight_1_Bar.cal

Edited by Heinz Hupfer