UVI Vintage Vault v1

Matthew Sorrels

Looking around Guitar Center website it looks like they are selling the shipping/boxed version of UVI Vintage Vault version 1 for $99

https://www.guitarcenter.com/UVI/Vintage-Vault-1397485969193.gc

They also have marked down their Synth Legacy to $4.99

https://www.guitarcenter.com/UVI/Synth-Legacy-1401720419094.gc

Both are shipped products though and I'm pretty sure US sales only

• Thanks 1

30 minutes ago, Reid Rosefelt said:

Is Synth Legacy an early version of Synth Anthology 2?

Synth Legacy was custom made by UVI when Guitar Center celebrated its 50th anniversary in 2009. It has never been sold directly by UVI but only through Guitar Center (and possibly Musician’s Friend). Just like any third party UVI Workstation product it won’t turn up in your UVI account after activation. The $4.99 deal is really great. I bought Synth Legacy in 2016 for $49, which at that time was 50% off the regular $99 price.

te0ttNf.png

As a nod towards the 50th anniversary, Synth Legacy include sounds fetched from 50 synth classics:

Alesis Andromeda, Roland Jupiter 4, Roland Jupiter 8, Roland VP-300, Roland TB-303, Oberheim Matrix 6, Oberheim Xpander, Oberheim OB-X, Studio Electronics ATC, SCI Prophet 5, Yamaha CS-80, Elka Synthex, RSF Kobol, Korg PS-3200, Moog MiniMoog, Moog MemoryMoog, Waldorf Pulse, Access Virus C, Yamaha AN1X, Novation Nova, Waldorf Q, Clavia NordLead, Yamaha DX7, Yamaha DX100, Yamaha FS1R, Korg DS8, NED Synclavier 2, Waldorf Microwave XT, PPG Wave 2.3, Casio VZ-1, Casio CZ-1, Korg DW8000, Kawai K4R, SCI Prophet VS, Korg Wavestation, Yamaha SY22, Kawai K5000, OSC OSCar, Seiko DS301, Ensoniq VFX, Roland JD-800, Roland D-50, Korg M1, Ensoniq Fizmo, Yamaha SY77, Ensoniq SQ1, Ensoniq ASR10, Mellotron M400, Fairlight CMI IIx, E-MU Emulator 2.

5 hours ago, Canopus said:

Synth Legacy was custom made by UVI when Guitar Center celebrated its 50th anniversary in 2009. It has never been sold directly by UVI but only through Guitar Center (and possibly Musician’s Friend). Just like any third party UVI Workstation product it won’t turn up in your UVI account after activation. The $4.99 deal is really great. I bought Synth Legacy in 2016 for $49, which at that time was 50% off the regular $99 price.

te0ttNf.png

As a nod towards the 50th anniversary, Synth Legacy include sounds fetched from 50 synth classics:

Alesis Andromeda, Roland Jupiter 4, Roland Jupiter 8, Roland VP-300, Roland TB-303, Oberheim Matrix 6, Oberheim Xpander, Oberheim OB-X, Studio Electronics ATC, SCI Prophet 5, Yamaha CS-80, Elka Synthex, RSF Kobol, Korg PS-3200, Moog MiniMoog, Moog MemoryMoog, Waldorf Pulse, Access Virus C, Yamaha AN1X, Novation Nova, Waldorf Q, Clavia NordLead, Yamaha DX7, Yamaha DX100, Yamaha FS1R, Korg DS8, NED Synclavier 2, Waldorf Microwave XT, PPG Wave 2.3, Casio VZ-1, Casio CZ-1, Korg DW8000, Kawai K4R, SCI Prophet VS, Korg Wavestation, Yamaha SY22, Kawai K5000, OSC OSCar, Seiko DS301, Ensoniq VFX, Roland JD-800, Roland D-50, Korg M1, Ensoniq Fizmo, Yamaha SY77, Ensoniq SQ1, Ensoniq ASR10, Mellotron M400, Fairlight CMI IIx, E-MU Emulator 2.

It may have been just a GC instrument, but it really looks like UVI took a lot of this and put it into Synth Anthology 2.  For one thing, most (or maybe all) the instruments are the same.  And the graphics are the same. Check out the Andromeda graphic below.    So it's not a good deal for me,  even at $4.99 as I think I already have it, and a lot more.

andromeda.jpg.2c65c2b79e1e75a09cbae52927bb8ab5.jpg

1 hour ago, TerraSin said:

Anyone know what the upgrade price be from VV1 to VV3 would be?

The UVI website is showing an upgrade price of $299 (vs $599 full retail) for me and I only have VV1.  I don't think retailers can sell the upgrade either, so you may be limited to just UVI store discounts.

https://www.uvi.net/vintage-vault-3-upgrade-vv.html

Edited by Matthew Sorrels
  • Like 1

Personally I'm waiting for the update to go half off before I jump.  VV1 is pretty decent and has a ton of synths.   I paid $99 during that pricing fluke at Musician's Friend back in 2015 (deal was VV1 and free Alesis Q25 keyboard for $99.80).  At the time I considered it one of the best deals ever.

• Like 1

13 hours ago, Reid Rosefelt said:

It may have been just a GC instrument, but it really looks like UVI took a lot of this and put it into Synth Anthology 2.  For one thing, most (or maybe all) the instruments are the same.  And the graphics are the same. Check out the Andromeda graphic below.    So it's not a good deal for me,  even at $4.99 as I think I already have it, and a lot more.

Yes, when Synth Anthology 2 was introduced I immediately realized that the same graphics had been used in the synth display. And when now quickly comparing the preset lists, I can see that many if not all the presets in Synth Legacy have been recycled and found its way into Synth Anthology 2. But of course, for anyone not already having Synth Anthology 2 this would also mean that they will get many of the bells and whistles in the big brother for only $4.99.

• Like 1