Add-ons Install from Bandlab Assistant

Hi All,

Very glad to join this amazing community. :)

I failed to download / install Add-ons / Studio Instruments Suite supposed to be available through Bandlab Assistant.

My config is PC under Windows 10 Fr Version.

Issue is : When I click on "Add-ons Install"Topic, pop-up menu appears with several add-ons to select using checkox. Following this, download / install of selected add-ons is supposed to start, clicking on "Install" button but nothing happens at this time.

Has anyone ever had the same issue ?

Many thanks in advance for your help.

Edited by Marcello VIOLANTE
add information on PC Config.

18 minutes ago, Marcello VIOLANTE said:

Hi All,

Very glad to join this amazing community. :)

I failed to download / install Add-ons / Studio Instruments Suite supposed to be available through Bandlab Assistant.

My config is PC under Windows 10 Fr Version.

Issue is : When I click on "Add-ons Install"Topic, pop-up menu appears with several add-ons to select using checkox. Following this, download / install of selected add-ons is supposed to start, clicking on "Install" button but nothing happens at this time.

Has anyone ever had the same issue ?

Many thanks in advance for your help.

Run the "Bandlab Assistant" in administrator mode and it should work.

Thanks Dear Friend,

But I missed to precise that, yesterday evening,  I already :

- configured FW to allow public connection to Bandlab Assistant & disabled Antivirus Scan during operation,

- Executed Bandlab in Administrator mode (using right click on launcher icon ...)

But failed ... :(

I probably have to reinstall Bandlab Assistant and change download Directory path which is pointing currently to .AppData\Roaming ...

Many thanks for your help.

BA handles all download.

I just checked and it appears this has been recently fixed.

@Marcello VIOLANTE and @zakoul try again

FWIW, I have never found it necessary to run BA or CbB as administrator. There are some old plug-ins that, depending on how they are installed and configured, need elevated privileges but running the DAW as a administrator is rarely necessary.

• 11 months later...
  • 4 months later...
27 minutes ago, ERAD said:

What a POS your downloader is.

You created a whole account just so you could post that?

What do you mean "our" downloader? This is a user forum. "We" aren't the ones who created the software or it's downloader.

Not to mention that this thread was over and done with more than a year ago.

Edited by bdickens
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

• 1 year later...
17 minutes ago, Darasimi said:

I've been installing adds on for the first day for about 2 hours and the second again for more that 5 hours it's not gonna finish installing, it keep getting stucked at 3/5.

😡😭

Do not use Bandlab Assistant. This is a very old thread that you've replied to and this has long since been changed over to using the Cakewalk Installer.

https://www.bandlab.com/products/cakewalk

Except for a couple of specific cases, there's no need to use Bandlab Assistant and it can be safely uninstalled.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Lord Tim said:

Except for a couple of specific cases, there's no need to use Bandlab Assistant and it can be safely uninstalled.

One of those cases being if you want to be able to access the big ol' library of loops....

I tend to forget that the BandLab Assistant has uses other than messing up Cakewalk installs.

• Like 1