UVI Synths Legacy

cclarry

Mine still haven't moved/changed at Musician's Friend.  The USPS number they gave me for Strobe 2 still hasn't been received by the post office.  And Synth Legacy is still processing.  Seems like last of the boxed music software is going to die with an ugly whimper for me.

That already used serial number on a shipped product is a real problem.  I've had it happen before with emailed codes but those are easy to fix.  iLok authorizations can be removed if the user logs into the iLok License Manager, but I don't think they do it very often.

• Sad 1

8 minutes ago, Matthew Sorrels said:

iLok authorizations can be removed if the user logs into the iLok License Manager, but I don't think they do it very often.

That shouldn't stop them from being able to revoke the license on the backend, freeing it up for the new user.  I guess MVPL could also expect a new payment from MF for the new license.  Perhaps it's an issue on the backend, I thought it was weird that I got the same error on the UVI site.

• Like 1

Well I had to contact MF, and they said they would look into it.  UVI got back to me, but nothing from MVPLoops yet.  I'm a little disappointed but things happen.  I've ordered from them before without problems ... except my original account seemed to have been deleted.  Except for that problem, I'm happy with them.  The customer service rep was great, so I can wait.

• Like 1

On 6/11/2020 at 8:49 AM, LAGinz said:

Correction: Perhaps this was a bit of ...ahhh....wishful and naive thinking on my part. I posted this after  I received a UPS  “out for delivery” notice for this product. It did not arrive though, and appears to have fallen off UPS radar. Just bizarre.

Ok, it actually arrived late last night, after UPS had said it was “out for delivery” each of the previous 4  days and I had escalated a complaint. Package looked like it had been dragged through the streets and then run over, for good luck, by the UPS truck. Will open today with fingers crossed.

6 minutes ago, LAGinz said:

Ok, it actually arrived late last night, after UPS had said it was “out for delivery” each of the previous 4  days and I had escalated a complaint. Package looked like it had been dragged through the streets and then run over, for good luck, by the UPS truck. Will open today with fingers crossed.

All that you really care about is being able to read the Serial # off the DVD Case...

Yeah I'm pretty impressed with how they all handled it and provided the correct keys.  I had trouble reading one of the DVD's but it did work when copied on my Mac.  I guess the first machine didn't have a dual layer DVD drive.  I was going to buy some more but I got suckered in to buying the Komplete upgrade from Best Service.

I will pick up more loops from them at some point because I feel that I have to have them. lol

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Matthew Sorrels said:

really love how I had to put the serial number in all upper case to get it to work.  And it was impossible to tell an O from a zero.

I hate it when companies do that. I had one recently with both O's and zeros in that looked identical, but no combination of those would work, so what should have been a simple task was becoming quite the opposite. The serial was on my www pc and I was installing onto an offline DAW, so copy/paste could only  be done in a convoluted way, which I was trying to avoid as it didn't seem like something that should be necessary, but when I had oh so carefully typed the various combinations several times to no avail, I gave up and copied the serial into notepad so that I could put it on a usb drive and copy/paste from that. I don't know where it came from, but before I did that it occurred to me to try changing the font in note pad to see if that helped and sure enough the new font displayed with a visible difference between O and zero. Which was all well and good, but I'd already tried that combo several times, so.................WTF?

Turned out that the font used on the email of the serial also didn't show any distinction between I and 1!  😬😀

• Like 1

On 6/13/2020 at 10:39 AM, cclarry said:

All that you really care about is being able to read the Serial # off the DVD Case...

I should have kept my fingers and toes crossed. The serial in the DVD does not work in the UVI Portal (and is not in the right format for an ilock activation number). Grrr🤪

21 minutes ago, LAGinz said:

I should have kept my fingers and toes crossed. The serial in the DVD does not work in the UVI Portal (and is not in the right format for an ilock activation number). Grrr🤪

It's not going to look like a typical UVI serial # but it WILL work...I thought the same thing!
It will look like

UVIXXX-XXXXXXXXX

I’ve already tried it and it doesn’t work for me. I plugged it into the register tab on the UVI Portal, right? All I got was the dreaded Windows 10 endless spin cycle (and a red box around the serial window)

Edited by LAGinz

My Synths Legacy showed up today.  Was packed with a ton of bubble wrap.  The code registered just fine but RAR file on the DVD is corrupt (maybe I should have tried the installer instead of just opening it directly)  so I ended up just downloading it, that worked out OK.  Pretty nice actually for $5.  I really should get Synth Anthology 2 and upgrade my Vintage Vault 1.

• Like 1

46 minutes ago, LAGinz said:

I’ve already tried it and it doesn’t work for me. I plugged it into the register tab on the UVI Portal, right? All I got was the dreaded Windows 10 endless spin cycle (and a red box around the serial window)

Be careful not to confuse "O" with "0" because that will surely mess it up...just a thought for 
a possibility.  Mine worked perfectly...

1 hour ago, cclarry said:

It's not going to look like a typical UVI serial # but it WILL work...I thought the same thing!
It will look like

UVIXXX-XXXXXXXXX

15 minutes ago, cclarry said:

Be careful not to confuse "O" with "0" because that will surely mess it up...just a thought for 
a possibility.  Mine worked perfectly...

Thanks for the suggestion, but no 0s or Os in my serial. Have put a ticket in with UVI.

• Like 1