UVI Synths Legacy

cclarry

17 minutes ago, Grem said:

Well I picked this up. Hope it don't require iLok

Pretty sure all UVI libraries are protected with Pace, but don't require a physical iLok.  I ordered this also but it still hasn't shipped.  I'm not 100% sure it actually will ship (also ordered Strobe 2).

If you search for stylus rmx on musicians’s friend website it still shows $99 but once you click on the link it still says sale but it’s back to $379 as Mathew said.  I called them as they have a best price guarantee and they told me it was a “glitch”, they would never sell it at that price, IT is working on fixing all these misprints, and they would not honor the lower price.  So if you want to take advantage of any of the lower prices act quickly because they are cleaning up all the “glitches”.  I did get strobe2 for $19 which is a steal. Lowest I have ever seen is $99 if you have Roli Player.

I’d forgotten why I stopped ordering from them. MF in their term of service says they can change the price on items as late as after checkout but before shipping.  And they don’t guarantee they will honor prices on their website. So have to be quick before they realize they put something on sale they either didn’t intend to or changed their mind about.  Have to be fast and accept you may get angry at them from time to time.

You shouldn't ever get angry at a company that doesn't give you a deal that is a mistake.  That's crazy.  MF doesn't change the price on you and charge you blindly.  They contact you, explain the problem and offer you the product at the correct price (usually with some sweeter/discount/bonus) and let you decide to if you still want it.  Since you expect companies to treat you right, you shouldn't be surprised if they expect the same.  That said, MF has honored more of their mistakes for me than just about any retailer.  I'm kind of looking forward to what deals will be put up when they are forced into bankruptcy along with Guitar Center.

• Like 2

Disagree.  Most companies honor print “mistakes”.  Having terms of service that allow price changes after checkout is crazy. If you google MF customer service ratings they are usually one start.  Compared to Sweetwater bit difference.  Anyway, if I got away with something good for me. But don’t defend bad customer service. They marked the price at $99 and they should honor.

30 minutes ago, kevin H said:

Most companies honor print “mistakes”. 

Many states (not all) require companies honor in store printed/displayed prices, but I don't think any of those laws apply on the net (yet).  Sweetwater isn't all sunshine either.  I've had my share of issues with them, very similar to issues I've had with Musician's Friend.  I like Sweetwater much less though because they discount much less.

Has anyone that ordered UVI Synths Legacy gotten a shipping notice?  I ordered it and Strobe 2 at the same time.  Strobe 2 got a shipping a notice, but the USPS tracking id says it hasn't been handed to them yet.  Synths Legacy is still "processing" and hasn't been shipped at all yet.

At this point I'm beginning to think none of these box blow out items are actually going to ship.

I also love how Stylus RMX is still showing the $99 price on the search results but not when you go to the product.  I'd think they would be able to fix that by now.

• Like 1