[Solved]I seem to be getting phantom measures in MIDI tracks

Nigel Mackay

Question

Version 2020.05

My project ends at measure 653. When I bounce it processes to measure 1097. Definitely no events past 653. You can see that, and the Events view tells me that. The resulting audio track is silence from 653 to 1097. All the tracks do it.

I have tracks with Expression automation. They all draw the line up to measure 1097.

If I add an automation lane , leaving it at the default Volume, it draws a solid line from 1 to 1097, and then a dotted one to infinity.

If I insert a blank MIDI track and open the automation lane, it draws the line up until measure 1097.

And even though all these extra measures are empty, it still takes ages to bounce, as though it is processing events.

The announcement points to the wrong rollback installer, so I can't rollback to 2020.04 to crosscheck.

EDIT: Just started a new Basic Project, and it doesn't do that, so it seems there is something odd with my project.

EDIT: Found a node in automation at measure 1097, but can't find anything else, but selecting any track select all up to 1097. Don't know how/where to look for a stray event.

EDIT: Deleted all automation. The moment I add automation it adds the end node in measure 1097.

Solution: Found a stray node in the automation of the Master fader. Don't ask.

Edited by Nigel Mackay

0 answers to this question

There have been no answers to this question yet