Humble Bundle Desktop Tools

Tezza

Get all the software you need to make your computer do everything from optimizing photos and videos to create the best sounds and way more. Titles include Ashampoo SoundStage Pro, Ashampoo Cinemagraph, Ashampoo Video Optimizer Pro, and more. Unfortunately, there does not seem to be anyway to get this bundle without also having to subscribe to Humble Choice for an extra $27.00

https://www.humblebundle.com/software/software-bundle-3?linkID=&mcID=102:5ed6afabdca1ce1d0d74cc62:ot:5df2dc6fd8a09ee6231fcfa7:1&utm_source=Humble+Bundle+Newsletter&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=2020_06_03_softwarebundle3&linkID=&utm_content=cta_button

Edited by Tezza

7 minutes ago, Tezza said:

Unfortunately, there does not seem to be anyway to get this bundle without also having to subscribe to Humble Choice for an extra $27.00

You don't have to subscribe to the Humble Choice in order to buy Humble Bundles.  They are two separate products.  Scroll down to the bottom of the page (or click the get the bundle button) and select how much you want to pay.

Yes, I've just discovered that, It puts the Humble Bundle subscription in with your order and it looks like you have to press that button to add to your cart but you just need to press the amount button and then as you say scroll down to the payment buttons and select one of those and it goes through. Some useful products here.

Whoops, didn't see Larry's post before mine. Now what to do?

Edited by Tezza

When you get these Ashampoo programs on Humble Bundle, they are just the stub installers for the programs which then install directly on your computer from the web, which I don't like. They are also 32 bit programs which I also do not like. I'll have a play with them and see what they are like. My initial impressions are that they are more an entry level/freeware type of program, that is, there may well be freeware programs the same as them or better.

Edited by Tezza

Every Humble Bundle is slightly different.  Most are Steam keys.  Sometimes they are keys at other game stores.  Sometimes they are serial numbers or keys that you have to redeem at other stores.  Every Humble Bundle offering has a guide on how to redeem that offer and what it entails.  They aren't always 32 bit only, it depends on the product.  Most of the apps they have offered are slightly older versions of things, but not always.  Again every bundle offering is different and specific.  It would be incorrect to generalize them.

Here's the system requirements guide for this offer:

https://support.humblebundle.com/hc/en-us/articles/360048571894

And here are (some) of the redeem instructions for this bundle:

https://support.humblebundle.com/hc/en-us/articles/360048734574-Humble-Software-Bundle-3-Ashampoo-SNAP-11-instructions
https://support.humblebundle.com/hc/en-us/articles/360048732954-Humble-Software-Bundle-3-Ashampoo-WinOptimizer-18-instructions
https://support.humblebundle.com/hc/en-us/articles/360049494113-Humble-Software-Bundle-3-Ashampoo-Uninstaller-9-instructions
https://support.humblebundle.com/hc/en-us/articles/360048733154-Humble-Software-Bundle-3-Ashampoo-PDF-Pro-2-instructions

Note: I don't think this offer is all that great, these types of applications are generally weak at best.  While I'm a big supporter of Humble Bundle, sometimes their PC software offerings are kind of garbage.  Do your homework.

• Like 1

Thanks Mathew, I was referring just to the Ashampoo bundle, the topic of this thread, not Humble Bundles in general. I've clarified my post by inserting the words " these Ashampoo" in my post. I have used Humble Bundle a number of times and got great programs from it. So far, in this bundle, I've looked at these two:

Win Optimizer 18

I'm not normally into these sorts of windows optimizing programs and didn't think I would like it. It's great. There are about 37 separate modules for addressing things like dead registry entries and files, duplicate files, resource hogs etc, deleting garbage, managing services etc.  It does a really good job making it easy. My laptop was playing up a bit because the 128gig "C" drive was full to red. I couldn't find where all the big files were. I was putting off addressing the problem because it was an elusive one. Using this, I found everything and reclaimed a massive 60gig in a very short time, also cleaned everything up and fully deleted the half deleted rubbish on my system and removed their registry keys. Now the laptop is back to speedy again. It's also a nice psychological feeling, knowing your computer has had a decent clean. This program will be staying on my laptop.

PDF Pro 2

A very nice PDF reader and editor all in one that also installs a virtual PDF printer to print to PDF from any application. Has a thin menu at the top so doesn't get in the way of the document. I previously had 3 PDF freeware software programs on my computer to cover the things that I need from a PDF reader/editor application (and still wasn't getting everything I need). I've also used professional ones like Nitro and Foxit pro but I didn't like them much. I use a lot of PDF production in creating various documents for circulation. All the other PDF programs have now been deleted and I have all the functionality I need from the PDF Pro 2. This will be staying on my laptop.

I am pleased I got the bundle just from these 2 programs alone. I'm a bit surprised because I've never looked at Ashampoo products before, I assumed they were for beginners but these 2 are definitely not entry level, you can use them more simply or go deeper.  I'll look at the others.

Edited by Tezza
  • Like 1