Can't install Cakewalk...

I'm new to the Cakewalk scene. I downloaded the Bandlab assistant, which downloaded and works fine. Following the instructions given on this site and Bandlab's, I navigated to apps and pressed "Install" under "Cakewalk." It sent me to the add-on selection. I selected my preferred options (all of the available add-ons) and pressed "install." Nothing. I tried selecting no add-ons. Nothing. I tried both of these things again, but first I closed out of Bandlab Assistant and ran it again as an administrator. Still no luck. It simply won't let me install it.

Thoughts from anyone who knows more than I do? Thanks!

Yep. I'm having the same problem. Because I couldn't install the Cakewalk update, I uninstalled Bandlab assistant and the core Cakewalk programme and now although I'm able to install BA it does nothing when I get to the install option....no download, in fact no network activity at all. I've taken off my anti-virus, checked the firewall access and run BA as administrator, but no success. If this is a bug as scook suggests then let's hope it's fixed quickly.  

• 3 weeks later...
  • 6 months later...

OK so I'm a cheapskate, wanted free Cakewalk for Win7. Well I'm now hoping I can make best use of everything else apart from Cakewalk because I can't install it. The BandLabAssistant thing downloads but when it runs, says "There's no program attached to this launcher" or some such. It just loads a go-nowhere log in panel for BandLab (which I can do online in a browser anyway). Makes no odds if I'm Admin. I have set up an account with BandLab and confirmed my email but it doesn't look as if I'll get to re-use my Quickshot MIDI Composer keyboard any time soon.... 

Edited by catsonicas

17 minutes ago, catsonicas said:

OK so I'm a cheapskate, wanted free Cakewalk for Win7. Well I'm now hoping I can make best use of everything else apart from Cakewalk because I can't install it. The BandLabAssistant thing downloads but when it runs, says "There's no program attached to this launcher" or some such. It just loads a go-nowhere log in panel for BandLab (which I can do online in a browser anyway). Makes no odds if I'm Admin. I have set up an account with BandLab and confirmed my email but it doesn't look as if I'll get to re-use my Quickshot MIDI Composer keyboard any time soon.... 

Are you running Win 7 32 bit? This may be the issue.

I'm running the latest Cakewalk on Win 7 without issues.

• 2 years later...

Rather than replying to a 2 year old thread and threatening to go to a different product, perhaps continue to work with the other thread you opened about not being able to download Cakewalk. Your experience isn't typical and people are there trying to assist you, if you indeed did want help.