Production Voices June Sale

cclarry

Challenging times can be creative times with the right tools. That's why for the month of June, just about every Production Voices library is 60% off!

SALE PRICING HIGHLIGHTS:

DEATH PIANO (Tortured Piano) - was $79 - NOW $31.60

CONCERT GRAND LE (Steinway D) - was $149 - NOW $59.60

PRODUCTION GRAND 2 LE (Yamaha C7) - was $199 - NOW $79.60

ELECTRIC V (Mark V EP) - was $79 - NOW $31.60

SFORZANDO PIANO LIBRARIES - were $99 Each - NOW $39.60 Each

https://www.productionvoices.com/

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Fleer said:

Got it ages ago but still prefer Player libs. Love to see them in the library pane. 

That I get.  I've been trying to keep all my nonplayer libraries together so I don't have to search for them across drives and drives.  But it still happens.  🥴

I have no idea what that face means, but it is kind of how I feel about the mess of my Kontakt libraries.....

• Haha 2

• 2 weeks later...
On 6/3/2020 at 11:51 PM, Dzilizzi said:

That I get.  I've been trying to keep all my nonplayer libraries together so I don't have to search for them across drives and drives.  But it still happens.  🥴

I have no idea what that face means, but it is kind of how I feel about the mess of my Kontakt libraries.....

Quick load is your friend. It's actually easier than searching the libraries tab as you can create folders and sub-folders and group instruments in a way that makes sense to you.

• Like 1
  • Great Idea 1

On 6/15/2020 at 1:06 AM, Vernon Barnes said:

Quick load is your friend. It's actually easier than searching the libraries tab as you can create folders and sub-folders and group instruments in a way that makes sense to you.

I've been working on setting up Quickload.  Problem is those pesky libraries with 900 nki's.  Okay, kidding, they only have about 50 or so.  Quickload is just nkis.  So as a favorites, it is great.  As an organizing method - not so great. 

What I am slowly working on is putting all the library tab libraries on a different drive from my "Kontakt" drive.  And just have all my non-library files in a nice organized manner on the Kontakt drive.  The folders are all labeled by company and I rename libraries to tell me what they are, if they don't already.  It is actually mostly done. 

4 hours ago, Dzilizzi said:

And just have all my non-library files in a nice organized manner on the Kontakt drive.  The folders are all labeled by company and I rename libraries to tell me what they are, if they don't already.

I used to group all my full-Kontakt libraries in folders according to their company (which would help if I forgot whether I had previously bought a library). I recently came to the conclusion that I would often forget about the smaller libraries that I had bought because I was always looking in the 'bigger' companies' folders. So, I very recently started grouping them by type first (e.g. Keys/Bowed Strings/etc), then by company, and then finally by library name. Time will tell if this makes a positive difference...

• Like 1

1 minute ago, antler said:

Hey @Simeon Amburgey - this is going to be a tough question (especially as the answer is whatever suits the mood being targeted), but out of all of the pianos that you've ever played/reviewed, which one is your favorite?

This is probably the question I get asked the most seeing how many piano libraries I have reviewed since the first of the year and not counting the ones before that. It is more of favorites that I am really leaning into and really just need to do more actual production with these as I have been doing a lot of videos because not enough productions, it is a moving target.

I would say in no particular order:

Signature Grand
This one hit me out of the blue and I think it changes the game in many respects. This developer took the same piano and recorded it in the same hall as another major piano library (hint: HZ) and provided it to us for an unheard of $49.00. The feel of the room around you and how they were able to bring so many different attitudes to the piano through the presets was really something. The developer has been very responsive as well to feedback so I am sure we have not heard the last from him.

Production Grand (as it was the last one I just played):
The standout feature here is playability and the amazing microphones and ability to control them that really have this one at the top of any list. The Ribbon and Tube microphones are just outstanding and having 8 mic setups to choose from is very desirable.

NOIRE
Noire has always been one of my favorites due to how it was put together, you feel the heart in it. Noire also broke new ground with the Particles Engine that many libraries have followed suit with their variations.

ASCEND
Heavyocity's take, except using a Steinway that has a little more depth and edge in some respects.

Garritan CFX
The Garritan CFX has something intangible about the shear power and yet a gentle quality about it. Being sampled in Abbey Road Studios also gives it a special something that is hard to explain. You are also given a full compliment of mic choices and somewhat can control the room and feel. It is definitely a choice for "true" classical players as it provides real Una Corda, Soft Pedal, and Sostenuto for a real playing experience. Having only  a sustain pedal kept me from exploring this area more.

Embertone Walker 1955 D
Another stunning and huge library that also provides "true" pedal support. Also the number of velocity layers allows you to get a wide amount of expressiveness. Also the way it was recorded takes the room out of the way and gives you more flexibility in regards to the recording space in general.

VSL Synchron Pianos: Bosendorfer Imperial and Yamaha CFX
These libraries take things to another level, especially in regards to the velocity layers and ability to mix them using the amazing array of mic positions. The Bosendorfer especially stands out as being very powerful and warm but with a little attitude. The CFX was just BOOM! It was a little hard to get used to the hard right position on the Synchron stage but thankfully they allow you to use panning to help position the pianos. The Full library having the extra Tube and Ribbon mics again are absolutely amazing in how smooth, transparent and silky they are.

There are more on the horizon, so stay tuned. I am continually learning so much about these libraries and hope to continue providing helpful observations that can help in deciding which one is right for you.

All the best!
Simeon

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2

So after typing my lengthy response above I forgot all about the Uprights! 🤯 

The new VI Labs Modern U is tops in that department.
The Novel Piano from Sonic Atoms is a free library for HALion that is very surprisingly good.
Fracture Sounds Woodchester Upright is also a real beauty.
And who can't forget Spitfire Audio LABS Soft Piano

I am not sure if any moderators are watching but I thought it might be helpful to put some sort of sticky thread "Simeon's Piano Corner" where I can list the piano libraries I have reviewed and give a little blurb about their specs and such. It could be in the Instruments and Effects section, who knows? 😎

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2