VST Buzz Deal 72% off “String Flow Collection"

cclarry

1 hour ago, ZincT said:

Looks interesting.

I wonder if any other libraries cover this technique? 

String Flow was Ben's second library (after Cello Textures), but it was the one that put him on the map.  I posted it up on VI:Control and all the composers went crazy about it.  The general word was that it filled a real hole at an affordable price.   One guy showed that you can do something similar with one of the Spitfire libraries (for a lot more money) but not exactly the same way.  People thought it was a crazy deal, and it was just the cello then. He's a cellist.  I wrote him on Facebook and suggested that he do the same thing with other string instruments. Kind of a "duh" suggestion.  He probably would have done it anyway.

So then he brought out the violin and viola versions, and you are basically able to get all three for around the price of the original String Flow.  (I can't check what it went for then because VI:Control is down now.)   I would add that he made many improvements to String Flow before it became String Flow Cello.

Generally his stuff is released with an intro price, and then he adds a ton of stuff to it, which comes as a free update.  I have made the mistake of resisting his intro price and then falling for the new instrument with all the additional features.  🤬  Somehow I have managed to not buy everything he makes, but...

The truth is that all his stuff is very niche, and you have to start out saying, "I'm going to make some music with this."   They are kind of like Spitfire Evos.  I have all the ones I own in my strings template, but still they are not something I generally reach for.  This may give me a kick in the *****.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1