Toontrack Release Latin Cuban Drums EZX

cclarry

Quick listen of the demo and this sounds great, I think it's very different from the Latin Perc kit, which I have owned and used for years. It has a mix of traditional drum heads and percussion, plus the beats, the afro-cuban, etc. are more distinctly latin and less generic. I'm springing for this one...

5 minutes ago, Grem said:

Wonder what difference is between these new ones and the old Latin Percussion?

So...
if I pick this up can I use other EZDrummer MIDI packages?
I don't currently own EZDrummer but bought an EX Drummer MIDI package a while back by mistake thinking it would be usable with SD.

Edit: was confused, i bought an EZKeys MIDI package so of course it doesn't work for SD.

Edited by TheSteven

Yeah, I have older EZ libraries, they are all 16bit with effects baked in. Funkmaster, etc. They don't sound great in SD3 and aren't very editable.

So I was wondering if this new Cuban thing is any better in that regard . . . 

Edited by emeraldsoul

2 hours ago, TheSteven said:

I could swear the installer wouldn't let me proceed because it said EZDrummer was required, will check it out later tonight...

Aha, well that may be true. Since I have both I would have never encountered that before. 

2 hours ago, emeraldsoul said:

Yeah, I have older EZ libraries, they are all 16bit with effects baked in. Funkmaster, etc. They don't sound great in SD3 and aren't very editable.

So I was wondering if this new Cuban thing is any better in that regard . . . 

Actually I've never used EZXs in SupDrummer. I'll only used SDXs there. I just always thought they should stay in their own yard.

So the drum kits are unique with this library, so better to use it in EZ. It will play in Superior, but some of the stuff may need to be remapped or even not used, because I didn't see a way to load the Cuban drum kit pieces in Superior. Still, it is unique and hopefully will come in handy for the right music productions.