Acid Music Sudio 11 upgrade $39.99 (MSRP $59.99)

TheSteven

ACID Music Studio 11 is out  - upgrade $39.99 (MSRP $59.99)

5 years you had to wait – but it was worth it. Today we're proud to present you the brand-new ACID Music Studio 11 – the first version with 64-bit power!

Start producing without limits. Use all the instruments and effects that your song deserves. Produce in real time and in a new, more creative environment. 64-bit architecture enables the necessary performance.

Now with new instruments, new effects, and brand-new loops to juice your creativity and take your songs to the next level.

Get the all-new ACID Music Studio 11 today!

Only available until February 17, 2019 in this exclusive upgrade offer.

More info: https://www.magix.com/us/music/acid/upgrade/upgrade-offer-acid-music-studio-11/

• DISCOVER THE ALL-NEW 64-BIT POWER
    For the first time ever, your RAM is used completely for your music production and offers a noticeable improvement while producing. This means you can make music faster, bolder, and more impressive than ever before!
  • Over 2,500 new loops.

• New Instruments. 6 New Effects.

• It looks as good as it sounds. We have updated the ACID Music Studio experience with a brand new, slick interface which will inspire you to make even better music.

Edited by TheSteven

• TheSteven changed the title to Acid Music Sudio 11 upgrade $39.99 (MSRP $59.99)

Too bad they ruined that bland Sony GUI and you can't change it.   Acid Pro 7 is still working for me.  Every major plugin I have still installs 32 bit.

There is an upgrade deal for SF/Acid users to get  the new SF and Acid Pro for $199. 

There is a deal on Amazon where Acid Pro comes free with a Steinberg UR22 for $159.  

Few 3rd party vendors sell the Pro upgrade.  

The $99 upgrade isn't even in the range of tempting.  

It's still one of the coolest pieces of music making software.   

My old DAW needs a serious clean out  but since I built my other DAW I don't give it much thought. I would basically need to load a new OS because my old OS on it is corrupted which means it takes a long time to boot up and get my Acid Pro 7 to even start.  For this reason only I think it would be a great idea to upgrade to the 64 bit version and load it on my newer DAW.

As to the answer to the question , Why would I want Acid Pro? Maybe you wouldn't , maybe you would. It all has to do with what you want to do. The interface is bar none one of the easiest ever to put together a loop based mix and makes it worth the coin to a few. I haven't heard the new loops. The other loops are beginning to sound dated. If I jump though I don't really want the studio version. I'm going whole hog for the pro version or nothin' at all :) "If" they knock off a considerable amount if you own studio that changes my thinking on it some.

I just checked the Magix site and the upgrade to Acid Pro 8 is $99 in the cart (which is $50 off the full list price).

Version 8 introduces a brand new GUI but the same famous workflow, creating an immensely powerful and creative music production environment: 64-bit processing, no less than 16 new instruments, 13 new effect plug-ins and 9 GB of new ACIDized loops. Plus, VST3 support is coming soon in a free update giving you access to thousands of third party plug-ins.

Read more: https://www.magix.com/us/music/acid/acid-pro/

19 hours ago, aidan o driscoll said:

Why would one want ACID if you already use Cakewalk?

Same Q I suppose if you already have FLStudio or Reason??

19 hours ago, kitekrazy said:

Why would one want apples if you already have oranges?

Yes I understand that FLStudio and Reason originate from Pattern Based sequencers. So a different sort of sequencer.

However ACID vs CAKEWALK. Both handle Audio ( samples etc ) and Midi tracks.  Both use all VSTs etc. Both time stretch.

https://www.soundonsound.com/techniques/new-time-stretching-cakewalk-bandlab

Just wondering .. what has ACID got that Cakewalk does not ..

Edited by aidan o driscoll

15 hours ago, Starise said:

My old DAW needs a serious clean out  but since I built my other DAW I don't give it much thought. I would basically need to load a new OS because my old OS on it is corrupted which means it takes a long time to boot up and get my Acid Pro 7 to even start.  For this reason only I think it would be a great idea to upgrade to the 64 bit version and load it on my newer DAW.

As to the answer to the question , Why would I want Acid Pro? Maybe you wouldn't , maybe you would. It all has to do with what you want to do. The interface is bar none one of the easiest ever to put together a loop based mix and makes it worth the coin to a few. I haven't heard the new loops. The other loops are beginning to sound dated. If I jump though I don't really want the studio version. I'm going whole hog for the pro version or nothin' at all :) "If" they knock off a considerable amount if you own studio that changes my thinking on it some.

At one time some liked the GUI for mixing.  It's good for using one shots.  They never came out with a real piano roll.  If they did that was going to be my DAW.  Those old Sony loops are great.  I've read where these new loops aren't so great.   The old demo projects were great. 

• Like 1

On 2/15/2019 at 3:48 PM, aidan o driscoll said:

Yes I understand that FLStudio and Reason originate from Pattern Based sequencers. So a different sort of sequencer.

However ACID vs CAKEWALK. Both handle Audio ( samples etc ) and Midi tracks.  Both use all VSTs etc. Both time stretch.

https://www.soundonsound.com/techniques/new-time-stretching-cakewalk-bandlab

Just wondering .. what has ACID got that Cakewalk does not ..

Yes and no. If you have Cakewalk set up right you should be able to drag and drop loops same as Acid Pro.   This is the thing though, you need to have those resolutions set up the same so that when you drag a loop over in Cakewalk it behaves the same. In Acid Pro you don't need to think about this as much, which in a small way makes that process easier for some people. If things aren't set correctly for loops everything won't butt up seamless and you might be in a different key or loops might overlap/be slightly out of time.. No DAW is perfect but Acid Pro makes it easiest IMHO. Pretty much set to go in it.  I've already missed settings and some loops didn't align because I had the wrong time or resolution set. I think Cakewalk wanted to give you more options there so the functions can be seen as either something you want or a PITA all depending. Good of Cakewalk to offer these options.  Gets even more complicated when there are tempo changes. You could argue that this is user incompetence or user error. I see it more like a few less steps in the creation process. Sonic foundry originated the Acid loop technology so it only stands to reason they do it best I guess :)

If only looking at the specs between loop technologies Reason or REX loops is the winner when looking at the stretch algorithms for sound quality. I never got into Reason though and this is strictly speaking of the on paper spec which might be different than what your ears hear or care about.

• Like 1