SampleTekk Summer Sale

cclarry

44 minutes ago, Canopus said:

Yes, he has sampled a large number of instruments for other companies like Steinberg, Toontrack, Nord Keyboard, XLN Audio, Reason Studios and Kurzweil. He has e.g. sampled all four instruments in XLN Audio’s Addictive Keys series, as well as the Classic Electric Wurlitzer 200A, Grand Piano, Retro Electrics and Upright Piano in Toontrack’s EZ Keys series, to name but a few.

Thanks for this info! The Addictive Keys upright is one of my favourites and I hadn't realized Per was behind it!

• Great Idea 1

On 6/4/2020 at 3:42 PM, tom said:

so I bought the upgrade from WG Jr to White Grand and its showing in my order history but nothing is showing in my downloads, do we have to wait for orders to be approved manually?

The Upgrade page mentions:

You can buy upgrades as downloads, but the links will not be visible in your download area until the order has been verified and cleared for upgrade.

The links will be available in your download area within 24 hours

3 hours ago, Kal S said:

The Upgrade page mentions:

You can buy upgrades as downloads, but the links will not be visible in your download area until the order has been verified and cleared for upgrade.

The links will be available in your download area within 24 hours

Will have to email as I bought it like 4 days ago

4 hours ago, tom said:

Oh. Shouldn't take that long. No harm in following up.

Am on the fence about picking up some upgrades myself as I've already bought a lot of stuff this month and am on a cool-down period now.

9 hours ago, tom said:

I did this.  I had bought the White grand to WG2 MKII upgrade only to realize I have the White MKII and there is no upgrade for that.  I told him to keep the difference since I screwed up and it was only a few dollars.  I got an email back saying the upgrades were there. 

• Like 1

Snagged these:

• Black Grand
  • White Grand
  • TBO
  • 7CG
  • ST Harpsichord
  • ST Virginal
  • ARP Solina
  • Worra's Prophet
  • Pump Organ
  • BOB Brass
  • Renaissance Flutes

Would've snagged a few others had they been available for HALion.

I just acquired an Ensoniq KS-32 from 1992 (!) for a modest price of 120€ and was blown away by how good this old lady feels and sounds all things considered. Also went ahead and got twin pedals and an expression pedal to go with it. The biggest complaint is the keys are quite noisy and I have and prefer semi-open headphones that let the sound through. But I just imagine I'm sitting at an antique harpsichord while playing. Also the synth doesn't have an option to assign the left pedal as una corda, only start/stop (sequencer?) or sostenuto (which I don't use much). 

Excited to have a decent keyboard after a long break, and can't wait to be past the downloading & installing phase and try these sounds!

• Like 1

Well, first impressions; I'm damn happy about these sounds.

I've only tried TBO and ST Harpsichord so far, and to my ears they sound crisp and spacey. The harpsichord was dirt cheap too... I will only find out how expressive the sounds are in longer run, but the piano seems to respond quite well to velocity, although leaning towards bright. The harpsichord lacks the release sound, and I don't know how to get it (HALion 6). But damn it has a satisfying sting to it, tense in the centre, soft on the sides. Like silk made out of tin foil.

I'm pretty sure I already got my money's worth and I haven't even touched the other nine packs yet.

• 2 weeks later...