SampleTekk Summer Sale

cclarry

26 minutes ago, Dzilizzi said:

I got the Black/White bundle through APD? VSTBuzz?  Guessing I can do the upgrade?  

Check if they already are the MkII versions

1 hour ago, Fleer said:

WG2MKII should have it all, and a nicer GUI. 

Thanks!

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, Tomgu said:

Check if they already are the MkII versions

Definitely not.  They have a basic Kontakt library GUI.  I decided to get the WG2MKII upgrade and find out.  Worst thing is they tell me it won't work and either give me my money back or I pay the difference. 

Hm.  I should have looked.  The White is also MK2.  Oh well, guess I paid too much.  By a whole $6.  LOL!

I was getting the GUI mixed up with the SSG.  And? I had to go back and rename the files because I never remember them based on the file name.  Which then means I forget I have them. 

• Haha 1

Anyone compared the 'originals' vs MK2?

I like the 7CG, so I'd upgrade if MK2 is a noticeable improvement. On the other hand, I also have the White Grand and don't use it much. I find the higher registers a bit harsh sounding; I don't think that sympathetic resonance can do much about that. 

2 minutes ago, Fleer said:

Interesting. So that Sampletekk White Grand in the APD bundle (with the Black MkII) is indeed a MkII as well. 
So, is it the White MkII or the WG2 MkII?

The White MKII, not the WG2MKII.  So I am still somewhat okay with paying for the upgrade to the WG2MKII.  

2 hours ago, Fleer said:

Thanks Dzilizzi!

I’ve got WG2MKII as wel, and it’s the shiniest, almost as shiny as the TVBO :)

I also have the 7CG so I put in for the TVBO upgrade as well.   At 90% off, it is really hard not to buy more pianos.  How else am I going to get to 200+ pianos 

• Haha 1

so I bought the upgrade from WG Jr to White Grand and its showing in my order history but nothing is showing in my downloads, do we have to wait for orders to be approved manually?

18 minutes ago, tom said:

so I bought the upgrade from WG Jr to White Grand and its showing in my order history but nothing is showing in my downloads, do we have to wait for orders to be approved manually?

It’s a small company so everything is done manually. Depending on time of day, you would normally have to wait maybe half a day or so until the download links appear in your account. I bought the Rain Piano Mk II two days ago and found the links in my account within a couple of hours.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Canopus said:

It’s a small company so everything is done manually. Depending on time of day, you would normally have to wait maybe half a day or so until the download links appear in your account. I bought the Rain Piano Mk II two days ago and found the links in my account within a couple of hours.

ah i see, thanks

I just bought the WG2 MkII and can't stop playing it!  At first it seemed to have this wierd kind of hollow sound to it, but there's something extremely musical about it.

Previously the Embertone Walker Steinway D was my favorite piano to play; but now I have another favorite.  What I like about the Walker D is that it's so clean and resonant.  The WG2 MkII on the otherhand is very 'colored' and full of character.  The difference is like a Taylor (Walker D) vs. a Martin (WG2 MkII).

For $20 it's and amazing buy!

• Like 1

Still waiting on my upgrades.  I wonder if I should just email them to keep the difference since I made the mistake?  I mean, if that is the problem? 

Edit:  Email worked.  I think it was the White vs White MKII that was a problem.  And I realized there is no upgrade from White MKII to WG MKII.  My error.  Thanks Sampletekk for letting it go.... 

Edited by Dzilizzi
added stuff

Yeah, Emperor & Old Lady were quite good. Got them just before they were gone. If I remember well, they were PMI- sourced. 
Also, Per@Sampletekk did some of those famous and great sounding Nord-pianos. 

• Like 1

Yes, he has sampled a large number of instruments for other companies like Steinberg, Toontrack, Nord Keyboard, XLN Audio, Reason Studios and Kurzweil. He has e.g. sampled all four instruments in XLN Audio’s Addictive Keys series, as well as the Classic Electric Wurlitzer 200A, Grand Piano, Retro Electrics and Upright Piano in Toontrack’s EZ Keys series, to name but a few.

• Like 3