APD Offer: 84% Off Arabic Strings by Aviram Dayan Production

Audio Plugin Deals

For just $39.99 (normally $259), get Aviram Arabic Strings by Aviram Dayan Production!

Aviram Arabic Strings is a large collection of eastern samples are perfect for situations when you need that genuine eastern flavor in your compositions.

Weighing in at 1.4GB with 9800+ sounds, this library contains the following string sections: Classical Violin, Baroque Violin, Baroque Stringed, Bass violin, Cello Rock, Stroh Violin, Modern Violin, String instruments, Electric Violin, Fiddle, Yamaha Korg.

Originally $259.99, Aivram Arabic Strings is now 85% off (you save a whopping $219) for next few days, hurry and save!

IMPORTANT NOTE: The FULL VERSION of Kontakt 5.4.1 or higher is required.

More info: https://audioplugin.deals/aviram-arabic-strings-by-aviram-dayan-production/

Promo Ends June 15th, 2020

KEY FEATURES

• 1.4GB download size / 800MB installed size
  • 9800+ sounds included
  • Velocity control in all groups
  • Reverb and delay controls
  • Attack and Release settings for all groups
  • Portamento and legato
  • Micro tuning
  • Articulation control in the high octave ranges and better automation programming for Staccato and Legato groups.

VIDEOS

AUDIO DEMOS

5 hours ago, Audio Plugin Deals said:

this library contains the following string sections: Classical Violin, Baroque Violin, Baroque Stringed, Bass violin, Cello Rock, Stroh Violin, Modern Violin, String instruments, Electric Violin, Fiddle, Yamaha Korg.

What makes this "arabic", exactly? The MIDI files?

Note  that the video is for V 1.5, and they are selling V 2.0.  I think it has more features, like microtuning. 

Also, Aviram Dayan has announced V.5.0.  As he's jumping from V2 all the way to V5, I assume this will add a lot of features.  On the site, he says that V5 will be available for $50 more.  Aviram Dayan confirmed to me that this APD purchase makes you eligible for the upgrade.

@pseudopop  What makes this "arabic" is the style of play.  Western string musicians do not play this way. It's a very different culture.  In the same way an orchestral violinist doesn't play the same way as an Appalachian fiddler.  It's also good for Klezmer music. There aren't many libraries like this out there, which is why he's been able to sell it for so much $$$.  The lowest I have ever seen it sold for is $169.  EDIT: The lowest was $90.99 in March 2019.  It lists for $259,

This is not a loop library it's a playable instrument.  I don't remember it being said in the video, but there are the same number of key switches on the left as there are articulation buttons.  So you should be able to switch between articulations in real time or during editing. 

If you use a lot of middle eastern percussion, or other instruments like the Oud or Santur, this can give you more of the sound of middle eastern pop. These are sampled players, but  ME pop players often use synths.  As you can notice in the video, they have 3 varieties of Korg. 

In order to get this sound in the past, I've had to make do with loop libraries. 

There is also a 35% off sale on all Aviram Dayan products on his site right.  Get it HERE.

If you're looking for something that would work perfectly with this, there is the Eastern Percussion Module from Zero-G.  It doesn't have the greatest sounds on a per instrument basis, but it has a ton of ensemble MIDI patterns in all kinds of Middle Eastern music.  When you play them all together I think it sounds great, and there's nothing like it, really.   I really like it, particularly when I layer in better percussion in front.  Zero-G often discounts it a lot.  Get it HERE.

And of course, there is the NI Discovery Middle East.

Edited by Reid Rosefelt
  • Like 4
  • Thanks 2

• 2 weeks later...
On 6/2/2020 at 11:37 AM, Reid Rosefelt said:

If you're looking for something that would work perfectly with this, there is the Eastern Percussion Module from Zero-G.  It doesn't have the greatest sounds on a per instrument basis, but it has a ton of ensemble MIDI patterns in all kinds of Middle Eastern music.  When you play them all together I think it sounds great, and there's nothing like it, really.   I really like it, particularly when I layer in better percussion in front.  Zero-G often discounts it a lot.  Get it HERE.

And of course, there is the NI Discovery Middle East.

Wondering what was the lowest price Zero-G Eastern Percussion Module sold for?  Thanks.

Edited by arznable

23 hours ago, arznable said:

Wow, that's more than 81% off.  Can I ask when was the sale?  Black Friday 2019?  Need this to pair with the Aviram Arabic Strings, thanks.

Last BF, Zero-G had an "up to 80% off," plus a free gift if you bought something over $35.   But they do sales all the time--I'm sure you can pick up a good price before BF.  

I would just get on the Zero-G mailing list, if you aren't already.   Also, Time+Space, as they had a great deal on Zero-G's Inspiring Guitars recently. 

Edited by Reid Rosefelt
  • Like 1

23 hours ago, arznable said:

Wow, that's more than 81% off.  Can I ask when was the sale?  Black Friday 2019?  Need this to pair with the Aviram Arabic Strings, thanks.

Yep, it was part of a sale. Don't recall which one. I own most of the Zero-G stuff.

• Like 1

Bought Aviram Arabic Strings and have buyer's remorse.  The reason is that this newer v2.0 does not even have true legato and portamento which the older v1.5 has.  The legato 1 and legato 2 articulations are sustain articulation indeed and are always in polyphonic mode.

The second reason is that quite a few articulations only pitched up and down a single sample and spread it across the entire keyboard.  As a result, you get some much speeded up cartoonish sounds in the higher register, and some slower devilish sounds in the lower register.  This makes those articulations quite unusable unless you only play the notes within the same octave of the sample being manipulated.

Thirdly, when I was reading the manual, I found tons of features like Snapshots, Monophonic Mode, Monophonic Retrigger, Polyphonic MonoRetrigger, Harmonizer, Gate, Step Sequencer, Arpeggiator, etc. are all missing in my GUI.  I have no idea what is going on.

I hope I was missing something that the legato and polyphonic modes are actually hidden somewhere, and the speeded up/down samples can be controlled.  Please shed some light if you know how to do so.  Otherwise, I am quite disappointed, thanks.

Edited by arznable
  • Sad 1

Quick questions to v1.5 users:

1) Are the legato 1/2 articulations in polyphonic mode by default, and the legato mode is need to be enabled somewhere?  If so, how and where?

2) Are Snapshots available in the v1.5 instruments?

Thanks.

• 1 month later...