How can I tell what library a Kontakt patch is from once loaded?

Christian Jones

Look at the bottom left of Kontakt. see picture one. Click the little arrow to the right, and it will reveal where the library comes from. See picture two. 

kon-1.png

kon-2.png

(not sure why the picture came in so small, since it was three times bigger before upload)

Edited by S.L.I.P.
  • Like 1

On 2/14/2019 at 3:27 PM, S.L.I.P. said:

Look at the bottom left of Kontakt. see picture one. Click the little arrow to the right, and it will reveal where the library comes from. See picture two. 

kon-1.png

kon-2.png

(not sure why the picture came in so small, since it was three times bigger before upload)

Hmm weird I'm totally not seeing that dark gray bar down there with that info nor the little arrows on my Kontakt 5. What version of Kontakt do you have? EvilDragon just told me there's only one way, quoted from NI forum:

"The only way would be by going into instrument edit mode, then Mapping Editor, click on a zone, and in the sample name field, hover with mouse cursor above it, so that it shows the full path to the sample. You should be able to deduce the library from that."

That works to some degree, but the path is usually too long and runs off the screen/gui. 

Edited by Chris Jones

I'm running Kontakt 5.81.  On the very top, to the left. you will seen the word, "Kontakt"  To the right of that you will see a few icons. The first icon is the "Save" button. The second icon is the "Options" button, and right next to that is another button.  Click on that button, and check "Info," and you will see the information that you seek.