Audio Engine Dropout (13)

struck27

Hi,

I have an isue with audio dropouts while recording in CbB (playback and input monoriting seems fine).  The toast message is (13)  - ASIO subsystem signaled a dropout due to a state change.  Don’t make changes to ASIO driver during playback. Another app may be using driver.  These dropouts started happening after I began using a UA Arrow as my AI. I have the lastes UA drives and windows updates.  I have the WiFi and Bluetooth off as well as the tracks input monitoring off.  I read alot about how the UA and windows didn't play well together but bought one anyway.  I'm hoping to find a solution to this so I don't have to return it, as I do like the overall product and DSP in the unit.

My system specs are:  Intel NUC with a core i5-8259U, 16GB of RAM, 512GB SSD, Win10pro and I'm running the Arrow on the Thunderbolt3 connection.

Thanks in advance for any help,

• 2 years later...

Sometimes posts get missed - this is a user to user forum here, so not everyone is around to answer every question, and the devs only poke their head in when they have time. For a quick answer, contacting Cakewalk Support is the best idea.

The OP hasn't been back since June 2020, so they've either solved the issue, or given up and moved on. It was their only post so at this point I'd say this is ancient history, and anyone experiencing anything similar should open their own thread so we have fresh information to help.

I'll tell you from very recent experience that a Universal Audio interface via Thunderbolt on a Windows system is a total mess.  I had blue screen after blue screen.  I returned it and went with Lynx Aurora (n) via Thunderbolt on the same machine with the same Thunderbolt add on card and it works great.