Unison midi chord pack 60% off

Tezza

I stumbled on this but it doesn't show on their home page, nevertheless, the sale does work if you are into midi packs of chords. They are doing a sale bundle with some other things all for $27.00. This is what is included:

----------------------------------------------------------

Unison Midi Chord pack. ($67.00)

1,200+ Total MIDI Files (have all the fundamental chords & progressions in existence right at your fingertips)
Individual Chords & Full Progressions (chain your own chords together or use the pre-made, proven chord progressions)
Drag & Drop Ready (we've done all the hard work for you)
Key Labeled & Organized (no wasting time sifting through folders or doing guesswork to find what you want)
15 Page In-Depth Walkthrough PDF (uncover tips & tricks on basic music theory and how to best use the pack)
100% Royalty Free (all money you earn from music you make with the Unison MIDI Chord Pack is yours to keep)
Made For All Genres Of Music (the chords & progressions inside the Unison MIDI Chord Pack are essential to all pro-level music)
Usable With Any Sound (unlike audio loops, you can play all the chords & progressions with your favorite instruments & synths)
Compatible With All DAW's (plus both Mac & PC)

Unison Theory Blueprint PDF ($47 Value).

This bonus is the ultimate guide to writing melodies in any genre of music even if you don't know music theory.

Unison MIDI Secrets PDF ($27 value).

This is a distillation of 25 of our best MIDI secrets that you can use to take your MIDI game to the next level.

Unison Loop Pack ($67 Value).

This bonus is what you can use to quickly start a track in any genre. Inside you'll find 200 fully loaded genre-specific drum loops.

-------------------------------------------------------

I've not used midi packs of chords before but I found it useful as another tool to grab to supplement your song, for inspiration or to quickly make new songs. Might be useful for some people and especially useful for people with limited music theory background. I don't know how long the sale lasts. 

https://web.unison.audio/midi-chord-pack?gclid=EAIaIQobChMIqtmSucTb6QIV2gW3AB01KQWYEAEYAiAAEgI9NfD_BwE

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Tezza said:

I don't know how long the sale lasts. 

I would say it may well last forever, it's the same thing I have been seeing as an add before youtube videos for ages, I have looked at it before, but never purchased it as something felt a little dodgy, not that it is, just the feeling I got, plus this type of thing is not something I would usually buy or use, but it did interest me enough to take a look.

• Haha 1

Yes, the site and their marketing philosophy is very "hard sell" constantly offering things and directing you to promo videos for things, inundated with upselling emails etc. I agree, it's very off putting, they are their own worst enemy in that regard. However, all those things can be gotten rid of and it doesn't detract from the usefulness of what they have created.  I had a song that I had difficulty putting a middle eight to, trialing the different chords and moving to something different using these midi files did achieve a breakthrough in that case.

Not something I would use all the time but I think the concept has it's place as another tool. It also means I don't have to play the keyboard all the time to get something happening. It's sort of in line with what I've been doing anyway, synthing in long chords and then chopping them to bits to create piano, horns, bass etc. Probably most useful to those with limited musical knowledge that might not already have completed or semi-completed songs.

Edited by Tezza

• 6 months later...

I also picked up the "Unison MIDI Chord Pack" as it seemed useful but I can't see how to access it in my Cakewalk DAW...

The Unison setup video show the top-level "Unison MIDI Chord Pack" folder being dragged into the browser of the DAWs they are using (unfortunately none of them Cakewalk) - and then dragging chord progressions into a midi track - but the browser in Cakewalk seems to be of a different type and doesn't allow that operation  from my attempts..

Has anyone had any success using it from within Cakewalk and if so how did you set it up?

Many thanks for any information!

Andy

Of course, I found a way to do it as soon as I asked the question....!

The Cakewalk browser is not used in the operation at all - I simply made a midi track within Cakewalk and dragged one of the progressions from within the Unison folder in a file MS manager window straight into the midi track and it worked, after assigning an instrument to that track.

It's a bit of a 'clunky' operation (not all being within Cakewalk)  but at least my $27 for Unison hasn't been wasted!

On 6/1/2020 at 1:01 AM, Tezza said:

their marketing philosophy is very "hard sell" constantly offering things and directing you to promo videos for things, inundated with upselling emails etc

Yeah, they certainly do this.... 

In buying the chord pack, they really pushed me for more 'bells and whistles' add-ons before I finally got to the checkout for the basic Unison Midi Chord Pack. Things like chord progressions from the 'hits' bundle. I guess that would be useful as well; all being in one place,  but it's the sort of thing you can easily find yourself online.

Andy

• 8 months later...
On 12/21/2020 at 12:15 PM, AndyLeF said:

I also picked up the "Unison MIDI Chord Pack" as it seemed useful but I can't see how to access it in my Cakewalk DAW...

The Unison setup video show the top-level "Unison MIDI Chord Pack" folder being dragged into the browser of the DAWs they are using (unfortunately none of them Cakewalk) - and then dragging chord progressions into a midi track - but the browser in Cakewalk seems to be of a different type and doesn't allow that operation  from my attempts..

Has anyone had any success using it from within Cakewalk and if so how did you set it up?

Many thanks for any information!

Andy

In  Cakewalk, go to the browser section of the DAW, if you don't see it, select from the Tool Bar > Views Browser.  Now navigate to where you hare your Unison Midi File located and they should be orange in color.  For instance, I keep my Unison Files on an internal SSD, so I have to go to D:\DAW Sanples and storage\1 MIDI Library\Unison MIDI Chord Pack. Once that is opened in my Cakewalk browser I find what I want and I drag it into the Midi track of the Instrument I have opened like a piano or a synth. (In the synth options page of the Virtual instrument, choose to see the Midi source and first audio output for your instrument).  So you should have one Midi track and one instrument  track for your keyboard, let's say. 

So go to your Unison Midi Chord pack and you should see, Unison Midi Chord Pack, and 12 foldersC Maj thru B Maj.  Go click on any one of those 1 - 12 packs and you will see 4 folders , Triads, Extended Chords, Borrowed & Modal Cords, and finally Progressions.   Now open Progressions, and select Advanced progressions.   Now select and open either Major or Minor and drag the one selected to the Midi track of the instrument you have opened.  Make your it is not on the  audio track but on the Midi track at the very beginning and press play.   You should hear the chords of the instrument.  You can now double click on the midi track to open the piano roll and edit the midi file if you want or you can close it and add more progression to that midi track.  if you highlight the midi clip and press CTRL + L you can loop the Midi clip and then drag it out as long as you want and the speed in which it is played  will change when the tempo is changed.

Important, there is a READ ME (15 Page Walk-through) PDF in the folder, "Unison MIDI Chord Pack" you will need to read that fully to understand how the chord pack works.

Enjoy

There are two issues facing producers using midi packs to produce today's chart topping hits. 

1. Velocity levels
  2. Note lengths

So I'm bringing to market a midi pack with the revolutionary feature of folders inside it for each possible velocity combination of every chord, as well as a large number of midi note lengths from the stabbiest staccato all the way out to two bar note sustains. That's 4096 variations per chord than other competing midi packs! 

Now you might be thinking to yourself, if only I had this idea first, I could produce such a midi chord pack and be well on my way to becoming a bazillionaire, but don't fret; I've got you!

As a strictly limited time offer for the next 12 hours, you can get in at the ground level of this amazing business. We are looking for savvy midi users interested in opening their own midi pack franchise.

• Enjoy healthy discounts on any midi packs you purchase
  • Earning a substantial commission on all sales of any direct customers you sign up
  • Earn a very generous secondary tier commission for any customers your customers sign up

Introducing the Amwalife Midi Pack. 

But wait, there's more. The first 100 franchisees to open a Amwalife branded TikTok or Instagram account and post using the hash tag #amwalifemidipack will go into the running to win a limited edition double-tracked midi pack, with hard-panned left and right chords to set your chord progressions apart from the rest.

You won't want to miss this. Act now!

Edited by Craig N
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 4

The replies:views ratio of this thread is strikingly disproportionate compared to any other, which suggests bots. Probably not the company apparently known for their aggressive marketing, DMCA hyperactivity and fabricating copyright claims to shut up critics.

Business entities like this are sometimes pathological to the core - they've emerged from antisocial behavioral patterns and practices, and their primary function is acting proactively antisocially to get what they want. Public emotions such as shame or embarrassment are for (human) idiots and loser companies who are just too weak, afraid or incompetent to go full psychopath. It doesn't matter so much what goods or services the business deals in, when the main ingredient of success is their unhinged personality.

• Confused 1

10 hours ago, sarine said:

they've emerged from antisocial behavioral patterns and practices, and their primary function is acting proactively antisocially to get what they want. Public emotions such as shame or embarrassment are for (human) idiots and loser companies who are just too weak, afraid or incompetent to go full psychopath. It doesn't matter so much what goods or services the business deals in, when the main ingredient of success is their unhinged personality.

I will pray for them 😍