Unify 1.1 arrives Monday June 1st (Not a Deal)

ZincT

A little late but v1.1.2  is here today.

It's on the Pluginguru webpage now if you bought it from there.

If you bought from a 3rd party then you can still use the previous link that you received by email from ilio for the 1.0.12 update as this still works to obtain the v1.1.2 program file or wait for the official email from ilio.

Here's John's new 20 minute video covering all the new features...

Edited by ZincT
Changes for ilio updates
  • Like 1

There wasn't a new Guru file (or an update Guru file) when I downloaded this last night.  But the install did add some new presets, so I'm not sure there is a new Guru file for this update.

You need to re-download the entire 1.1 Guru content file.  There is no small updater and there is new content.

Edited by Matthew Sorrels
Correct miss-information about not needing to update the Guru content.

10 minutes ago, Matthew Sorrels said:

There wasn't a new Guru file (or an update Guru file) when I downloaded this last night.  But the install did add some new presets, so I'm not sure there is a new Guru file for this update.

Ah OK, thanks Matthew. Yes that seems to work.

I guess that makes sense as the new additions are mainly related to MIDIbox, Jitterbox etc rather than new sample content. Although I'm also looking forward to the new add-on which is coming soon (Cloud City?). 

Now to explore!! I feel like a mad professor who has just made an important discovery :) 

Edited by ZincT

I wonder if John knew that when he started on this he and Shane would be updating it forever. 

And then there is the "Deluxe" version that will be out someday, whatever it will be called.  This UNIFY is "Standard Edition."   So he is probably working on a lot of stuff for that too. 

Maybe the "Deluxe" version will include more PluginGuru content, more synths, and more FX and MIDI effects. He has a ton of PluginGuru content to draw on.   If he puts enough content in, I'm sure we'll all buy it.   

Edited by Reid Rosefelt

Honestly the instrument/host part of Unify is not all that interesting to me.  This has always been more about PluginGuru presets/content.  I only need two hands to count the number of Kontakt instruments I've built for myself, but I have purchased/acquired/use tons of Kontakt instruments.  The power/features of the host do determine how good that content can be, so I do have an interest in Unify being powerful, even if I personally don't want to spend a bunch of time building an instrument from scratch.

8 hours ago, Matthew Sorrels said:

So I'm wondering what's up with my 1.1.2 update and why there's no v1.1 tags then I read this on the PluginGuru forum from Shane Dunne (the tech guy behind the coding of Unify).  So it looks like the update should include a .guru file.

YES, this is very important:

• The v1.1 content (.guru file) is an important part of this update. It contains updated Preset files of many kinds, including the standard plug-in subsets updated for e.g. Dragonfly reverbs.
  • If you have the content file as a .zip, unzip it first, then drag/drop into Unify (or use the "Select .guru file" button in Settings).
  • The patch database should rebuild automatically. (Click lightning-bolt icon if it does not.)
  • It is not necessary to re-scan your plug-ins; the Known Plugins database is retained.
  • Your User Library will not be affected.

Link here --> https://forums.pluginguru.com/postid/3082/ 

14 hours ago, Matthew Sorrels said:

So I guess it's download everything all over again.  Joy.

At least you can do that now if you bought from PluginGuru direct.

Ilio are behind the curve. Wish I hadn't saved a few dollars now and bought direct from PG.

Still waiting for a reply from ilio as they have 1.1.13 program but still the old 1.0.12 guru file.

• Like 1

40 minutes ago, ZincT said:

At least you can do that now if you bought from PluginGuru direct.

Ilio are behind the curve. Wish I hadn't saved a few dollars now and bought direct from PG.

Still waiting for a reply from ilio as they have 1.1.13 program but still the old 1.0.12 guru file.

same here - wish I'd bought direct too 

John from PluginGuru did say "They will provide you with links for the updates at the same time we have links for the updates. No worries - you'll get the updates!"  but that's not proving true as yet 

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

This is one of the cases where buying it direct was the better deal. 

To be honest they really need to fold the content updating/management and software update management into the plugin itself.  It should be able to download the content and software from their servers, regardless to where you bought it.

The new presets are nice.  Adding one preset to another as new layers is very cool (maybe I could do that before?)

• Like 2

Just now, Matthew Sorrels said:

Did they remove the PG-8X synth from the bundled instruments?

I guess they did:

Misc:

PG-8X synthesizer plug-in has been removed from the basic Unify package, as it cannot be notarized for MacOS Catalina.

If you already have PG-8X from an earlier install, it will continue to work, but future OS updates may break it.

And they removed the presets that used it too.

23 minutes ago, simon said:

same here - wish I'd bought direct too 

John from PluginGuru did say "They will provide you with links for the updates at the same time we have links for the updates. No worries - you'll get the updates!"  but that's not proving true as yet 

Very true. I was on the livestream last night and told Shane about the ilio situation and his response was basically that they are usually a bit behind on updates! 

I totally agree with Matthew re Unify being able to take care of its own updates. Alternatively why can't they do what most other vendors do i.e. you buy it from wherever, then register with the developer who treats you like any other customer. 

• Thanks 1
  • Great Idea 1

1 hour ago, ZincT said:

Very true. I was on the livestream last night and told Shane about the ilio situation and his response was basically that they are usually a bit behind on updates! 

I totally agree with Matthew re Unify being able to take care of its own updates. Alternatively why can't they do what most other vendors do i.e. you buy it from wherever, then register with the developer who treats you like any other customer. 

If they didn't want a sales channel, they shouldn't have established one. And we weren't warned we would be treated as second-class purchasers by using their sales channel. I'm loathe to buy anything they produce, directly or indirectly, again.

• Like 2

8 hours ago, ZincT said:

Nothing yet Simon. I emailed them on Thursday and haven't heard back. 

if you go to the original download email from ilio and download the Unify Standard Library.guru file I think that is the latest version with all the 1.1 updates.....I think

3 hours ago, simon said:

if you go to the original download email from ilio and download the Unify Standard Library.guru file I think that is the latest version with all the 1.1 updates.....I think

I am not at home now but have tried that approx 6 times since Thursday and it was the 1.0.12 guru file. Unless it was mislabelled. Will try again when home. 

Are you seeing 1.1.3 tags? 

Edited by ZincT
Correction 1.1.3