Melodye 5 - Region FX stops audio engine

Hi all I am using Cakewalk under Windows 10 64-bit with a Tascam US 2X2.   I just installed the Melodyne 5 upgrade.  It works well but I notice with one glitch.  When I apply Melodyne as a Region FX - it will temporarily hang and stop the Audio Engine.   And I cannot restart the Engine by clicking it.  I have to close and re-open the whole project.   But once I do that it's fine, I can edit the region with Melodyne and be on my way.   Anyone else had this little problem?    thanks.

• 3 weeks later...

I am seeing this also.  I upgraded to 5.0, when I choose a clip to edit, I get an audio engine dropout and can't get the audio back or the transport to move. This happens more often then not. I have to close Cakewalk and reopen but that doesn't fix the problem. Melodyne does open but is operable but the transport won't move.

When I first installed the upgrade, it wiped out all of the plugins in Cakewalk Plugin manager and I had to scan again to restore.  Some clips work ok, others always fail. I sent same info to Melodyne support.

I don't think Melodyne was made to insert region effect while playing. Is that what you are doing? I usually stop playback,  cut the section away from the main clip (to make it smaller) , create edit region . Then in Melodyne I edit and tweak the notes - play the clip a few times, exit melodyne, bounce the clip and continue.

I have used this procedure from version 1 through version 5 - Never had problems this way.

1 Too big of a clip - asking for problems - cut up sections

2 You don't bounce it when finished - same asking for problems - It will probable open ok next week and it might not - don't have to Re-Edit stuff - once is enough LOL!!

Hope you get it figured out.

Max Arwood